I also just got informed by my buddy James, who I've been to Sturgis with a couple of times, that we might have to try and do make it this coming August.. since by Aug 2010, he will be retired from the military and have a real job like the rest of us.. of course, any of you Texas captains, or any else along whatever route we choose this time are MORE than welcome to join in... :)

Last time (2006) I rode to OK City to meet up with James and our buddy Mike, and then we rode over to Denver, CO and spent a day there with my wife and her family.. and then headed on over to Sturgis.

We camp (as in tents) at the Berry Patch camp grounds in Rapid City. They have showers, restrooms, and a washateria, and a little store. There are also stores nearby. The camp ground is rather quiet, so we can actually sleep.. We, of course party at Glencoe or some of the other campgrounds, ride and see the scenery.. sometimes it's an adventure.. last time we rode all the way across Wyoming and back.. ( a long story.. lol ) Here's some G rated pics from the last two trips.. first trip I was on a slow Road King.. James was on his Trophy 1200.. second I was on the Rocket.. :) James and Mike were on a slow Electra Glide and NightTrain.. :)

Sturgis 2002
Sturgis 2006

Back