An Irishman came a visiting

.....Irish is the whiskery one!....i'm the tired old fart!
Its humbling how we felt like we had known each other for ages as we have had discussions and laughs etc for maybe two years on a forum but just met face to face on saturday...quiet cool really.

I often get this too Tal, I deal with people all over the world, some times with phone calls but I rarely get to meet these neat people in real life.
Every now and then I do get some one calling ito visit, as you say it does feel as if we have know each other for years.

I will flick a photo on here when I get home this evening of my corbin seat so you can see...im off to a bike show in Little River...see ya later!

Attachments

• 20160501_125105.jpg
    20160501_125105.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 20170101_114414.jpg
    20170101_114414.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 20170101_114539.jpg
    20170101_114539.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 2

Thanks Tal, definitely a 'Fast Gun' too, and looks as pretty as mine;):D. Pity about the back rest rack though. May have to put my Roadster Gel back on with my homemade backrest for next weeks trip to Hahndorf.

That's a nice looking bike Tal .
Thanx Nat....im pleased with the look i have ended up with too....put her in a show yesterday but was competing against a very nice 750 Norton Commando with a small turbo fitted...you could see the belt drive for the turbo. The owner deserved to win, it got peoples choice for the show too.

Thanks Tal, definitely a 'Fast Gun' too, and looks as pretty as mine;):D. Pity about the back rest rack though. May have to put my Roadster Gel back on with my homemade backrest for next weeks trip to Hahndorf.
Yep, i thought so...when i bought my previous Rocket the seat came with it so wasnt sure what it was called, but definetly wont fit under the rack...shame cos i would like it to.

Thanx Nat....im pleased with the look i have ended up with too....put her in a show yesterday but was competing against a very nice 750 Norton Commando with a small turbo fitted...you could see the belt drive for the turbo. The owner deserved to win, it got peoples choice for the show too.
The Commando would be people's choice here too to be honest Tal , although someone I know won a best in show last week with his R3R . The bike was pretty much standard and the reason he won was coz he stuck a note on the screen with the bikes performance figures and info ! Not a bad idea . :)

The Commando would be people's choice here too to be honest Tal , although someone I know won a best in show last week with his R3R . The bike was pretty much standard and the reason he won was coz he stuck a note on the screen with the bikes performance figures and info ! Not a bad idea . :)
The Rocket got a fair amount of attention with requests for me to start it so they could hear the rumble but you know, not everyone even know they exist!...when you tell them theyre 2300cc they go "What??!!...thats bigger than my bloody car!!"..."Must be heavy to ride?...what about goin round corners???"....and of course they look at you a bit strange when you say they are a pleasure to ride...not quite believing you!...they still look back at it when they walk away tho....

The Rocket got a fair amount of attention with requests for me to start it so they could hear the rumble but you know, not everyone even know they exist!...when you tell them theyre 2300cc they go "What??!!...thats bigger than my bloody car!!"..."Must be heavy to ride?...what about goin round corners???"....and of course they look at you a bit strange when you say they are a pleasure to ride...not quite believing you!...they still look back at it when they walk away tho....
Yea , love em or hate em ? You certainly can't ignore an R3 ! :)

get used to it sometimes its just a pain in a** when you stop everytime someone used to own a triumph they knew someone who did or just want to ask questions the other day went for a ride to durango this kid creeped up to a car in front of him at a redlight within an inch just so he can look at at the rocket gave me thumbs up after him waving like a mad man at me i just dropped clutch took off.nice somedays gets old others everyone wants to talk aSK QUESTIONS LOOK at the rocket like its a three ring abnormal circus

Back