#$@&*% 16 Year Old Boys....

wilbur-t

Top Fuel
My middle son just got his drivers license in December. I bought him a 92 4cyl Mustang for his first car. Two weeks ago he decided to remodel it by turning it on it's side in a ditch about 2 miles from my house. He was cutting up on a dirt road, with a friend in the car, and found out how quick the arse end of a little car can come around on you. No injuries to the boys, thank God. No one called the police on him either. All in all, he was very lucky. I hope he is smart enough to learn something from it. I'm not going to fix it, he can drive it like it is till he earns enough money to do the bodywork.

3614051749.jpg

3614051877.jpg

3614051833.jpg

When my son turned 16 I had gotten a great deal on a 79 GMC Jimmy ($500) from a friend. It had a little rust but looked good from a reasonable distance. My son totaled it while backing up (too fast) , he said the brakes went out, they worked fine the next day. But he didn't total it before I had the chance to sink $2000 IN front in work and other minor things. Kids...gotta love em.:rolleyes:

I put my dad through the same thing :)

Just glad I was not into motorbikes then ,:eek:

I put my Mom through the same thing. Late sixties. Dad had just passed away. His car, an old Mercedes, had already been sold to a neighbor. I was into motobikes but our little family needed a car. And neither my Mom nor my younger brother had a driver's license. She bought a brand new Fiat 128 from her widow pension. For me to take her around, to run errands, etc. Two weeks later, on the way home under heavy snow, I "lost" the Fiat on a slippery curve. Although it stayed on its four wheels and I at the steering wheel during the whole episode, the Fiat landed into a ditch and bounced off it. Then it started sliding downhill over bushes and fences before magically ending up on the same road I had been on. I managed to drive it home. The insurance guy came the following morning. His estimate for the car's body damage was one third of its book value:(.

Jamie

I admit that I also did the same thing, except I wrecked my dad's 72 Toyota pickup when I was 14, which would have been in 1974. Lost it in loose gravel, bounced through the ditch and into a tree. My dad made me fix it. I banged out the dents as best I could, dabbed on some bondo and painted it with spray cans. :eek: It looked like sh*t, but my dad kept driving it till the engine blew a few years later.

My oldest son, who is 22 now, wrecked my 64 Galaxie when he was 16. I shouldn't have been letting him drive it, I guess, but he loved that old thing.

I successfully managed to destroy two of my moms cars between the ages of 16 and 19; a '54 Chevy and a '56 Dodge D500.

I am reminded of a neighbor who, whenever his cat would have a litter, would put the kittens into a burlap sack and take them down to the river and throw them in, (so as not to be bothered with them in the future).

I would suggest the same thing for any of you out there burdened with offspring. Your vehicles will last a hell of a lot longer plus, you'll discover that you end up with a lot more beer money.

I successfully managed to destroy two of my moms cars between the ages of 16 and 19; a '54 Chevy and a '56 Dodge D500.

I am reminded of a neighbor who, whenever his cat would have a litter, would put the kittens into a burlap sack and take them down to the river and throw them in, (so as not to be bothered with them in the future).

I would suggest the same thing for any of you out there burdened with offspring. Your vehicles will last a hell of a lot longer plus, you'll discover that you end up with a lot more beer money.

Hahahahhahah.......Wait, that's not funny! :eek:

You know you're one of my best pen pals?

Awww, Jamie, you're making me blush. :p

Back