Let me get this strait. Oil can out of the starter and flywheel where it bolts to? That's not normal on them and has nothing to do with a oil check valve. There is no oil there. The rear main seal must have failed?
I'm not an expert but the sump and the oil tank and the engine are a closed system.
Maybe I'm not understanding what's happening here!

Let me get this strait. Oil can out of the starter and flywheel where it bolts to? That's not normal on them and has nothing to do with a oil check valve. There is no oil there. The rear main seal must have failed?
I'm not an expert but the sump and the oil tank and the engine are a closed system.
Maybe I'm not understanding what's happening here!

The yellow circle is where the starter motor hole is, and the red circle is where the flywheel/starter gear is.

When the check valve under the oil tank en route to the sump scavenge pump isn't the most checky, oil can seep through it over time, and fill the sump with bulk oil.
As the sump oil level increases, it can migrate up into the rear chamber where the start motor hole is.
The blue arrow helps illustrate.

1709499818654.png

This pic shows the gap in the lower crankcase rear where the oil in sump can rise up into the rear chamber where the starter motor hole is.

1709500486114.png

1709500399021.png

Back