Stepper Motor

jcomp

.020 Over
Ride
2009 Triumph Rocket 3 roadster
Bought 09 roadster with cold start issue. Honda guys were looking at it because my only option in middle of wyoming. Anyway problem is this. Cold starts slow and bit rough. Take 5 or more cranks then sputters sounds like it struggles for gas. I can immediately shut it off then turn it rt back on and it starts and runs seemingly very well. Warm start perfect. Next morning will be same thing. I just got tuneecu on phone and obd link lx and pulled up codes for 1. Bad coil number 3. which mechanic didn't have connected right when he first started after plug change. 2. Idol speed control. Is that the Stepper motor? Primary? My obd link lx wouldn't delete codes. But i don't think i registered the bike yet. Will obd lx delete if bike is registered. Also wouldn't run tools and adjustments. Triumph dealer thinks its stepper motor without seeing it. I think i'm just gonna haul it down. 6 hrs away. Is stepper hard to change? Should i have dealer do it? They said they would have to calibrate it?

It could just be out of adjustment, I would get tune ecu hooked up, before starting check all sensors are good, then do iscv reset, check numbers are accurate, tps .62 stepper .72, if numbers arnt right, adjust, then do reset adaptations and start bike. Then check manifold air pressure and get them the same if they are not.

It could just be out of adjustment, I would get tune ecu hooked up, before starting check all sensors are good, then do iscv reset, check numbers are accurate, tps .62 stepper .72, if numbers arnt right, adjust, then do reset adaptations and start bike. Then check manifold air pressure and get them the same if they are not.
Thanks for advise

both tps and stepper were out of range. got them back in range. did reset. fired bike up and my map sensor was around 3. how do i check it or text it with tuneecu?

I think the 3 you are referring to would be voltage. So you manually adjusted the tps sensor and moved the nut on the back of the stepper and got in spec. Now with tune ecu on, swipe to the page where you see the 3 map readings, once you start the bike you see 3 numbers fluctuating reading like 600 570 630, you have to get them the same once engine is idleing and warm, to do this there are 2 adjustment screws on throttle body, you look strait down under tank and youll see 2 silver screws, as you screw them in or out youll see the numbers change, make small quarter at most turns and get them all 3 the same, 2 screws 3 cylinders, 1 of those screws makes changes to 1&2 and the other screw does 3, get all the same and those things will be eliminated as possible issues. Hopefully youll be off and riding

Back