Rocket III vs. Suzuki M109R

you knew you would own a Rocket before even test driven one???????????
I have never in my life bought a new bike or car without first test driving it, if the dealer says no test rides I get another free soda from them then fcuk off.

I did test drive one but it wouldn't have made any difference. I heard that triumph was coming out with a rocket 3 and I knew that there was one with my name on it.

Like Manic, I would have to say that I was going to get one sight unseen as well. I wanted the 1st one in Pensacola and was ready to put a deposit on it but the salesman didn't accept. Just the fact that the literal description sold me alone sight unseen had me. Circumstances delayed my purchase until 06' and I did research the machine here and other sites. I purchased everything written and online as well about it. I still collect info on it. I tell people it is my 2 wheel Vett. :D

I finally rode the M109R, and had one on the dyno.
This one had aftermerket full exhaust and K&N filter.

It left me unimpressed - VERY soft suspension (the front end would dive to full compression with very little brake input, or with throttle input on the dyno), did not handle well, power/torque output was underwhelming - less than a stock R3, and much lower than a modified one.

And I just couldn't get over the headlight and all the plastic trim.

To each their own, I guess.

Campare this!!

Which ones faster??
I have raced 4 or 5 of them, all had pipes, funky air cleaner and tune. one guy said he had 138 dyno rear wheel HP.. My bike dynoed at 128-130hp.. I beat them all by about 3-4 bikes.. Have not seen a race yet on you tube or anywhere where the Suzi has won. Its not the "Cruiser with the heart of a Busa" they claim it to be.
Its pretty quick but its not going to beat us.

What to look for when comparing...
Check out the drive shaft on the Suzi, it has 3 mounting bolts instead of the 4 that the Rocket has.. that means the more power you put to it the more likely the shaft will break as witnessed by the gang on the M109 owners website when they tried to sup one up a little too much.. Better luck next time fellas.

You can take the seat off in 2 seconds and put a solo seat on and it totally gives the bike a custom look, or you can put bags and windshield on it and go 2 up touring in comfort... cant do that on the Suzi..

I dont think that the little fairing looks that bad on the Suzi, but then the Suzi guys put a wind screen over top of it and its like.. what the hell are they thinking!!! :eek: talk about a messed up look, and they call our bikes ugly..

So in my mind there is no comparision due to HP, TQ, Smoothness, Comfort, Adaptability... Reliability, and the Legendary History.

GO YOUR OWN WAY!

I have to disagree with you on the looks. I know it's subjective, but the Suzuki has much better lines than the Rocket, IMO. I do wish BOTH did some things differently. I'm not a fan of the "fatter is better" mentality when it comes to the rear rubber. I'd much rather see a 180 to 200 range back tire. Anything larger is usually a good indicator that the bike isn't going to handle worth beans, no matter what the brand. I also don't like the cheesy looking chrome on the Suzuki. But then again, I don't care for the 2 headlights on the Rocket. I'm not picking on these bikes. I can find things I don't care for on any bike. There's always something *I* would do different if I were the designer. Overall, I like the looks of both bikes. I just think the suzuki is a bit more stylish. The Rocket is definitely more practical and has more versatility, however.

Back