Rocket III vs. Suzuki M109R

I own both bikes. A 2 1/2 yr old '05 Rocket (Jars, 3 k&n's, PCIII) and a 1 1/2 yr old stock 109.

Totally different bikes. I like the looks of the 109 better (pers preference)...I like the uniqueness of the Rocket more. For hopping around town on the short runs, I like the 109. ANYTHING ELSE...I like the Rocket. The way they're set up, the Rocket is much more powerful.

My wife rides with me "sometimes". I can't even imagine taking her on the 109.

Although I've been lucky in the "problems" categorey, I'm much more confident that I can find a good "wrench" for the 109. I don't think any of the 3 Triumph dealers I'm familiar with Know squat about the Rocket.

What I want...is BOTH bikes. If I had to pick one.....I'd settle on the Rocket for an "overall" winner.
---------- Great to hear from someone who ownes both.Good perspective...Thanks

You caught me :eek: Yes, until the RocketIII I only subsisted. No question, I've never ridden a rice rocket. I've had two saki burner posers but they can never measure up (one of them sits wasting in my shed, Intruder 1400). The Hawk and AMF Sporter before that, they were marginal but suited my transportation needs. I've always wanted a V-Max and a Valkyrie, and still do Why??

My god Rock,I just noticed this,your admitting that you owned an AMF Sportster?? Hey whats the story on the Intruders motor and would you want to sell it??What year is it. Just wait till you see the new V Max next year. Thats my favorite Motor.

True confessions......

Man, I need to open a confessional box. Get me a milk crate for kneeling on a dim light and a dark cloth screen.........................................:D

Remember when AMF started branding the cast wheels on the FLT's "AMF"? AMF made great bowling balls at least I think they did. Bowling was never a strong point with me. I guess it wasn't with HD either.

Forgive me Flipster for I have sinned. I lost a race with a Sportster, haven't changed my oil in 3 years and pay too much for my bling.....:)

That's too funny. I can fix the last problem, I can't help on the oil, don't own any wells and the Sportster thing....well, that's like driving a Mack Truck....you just never tell anyone about it.:D

You should test drive both and get the one you like best. They're obviously both great bikes.

M109r owner now r3 owner

you should test drive both and get the one you like best. They're obviously both great bikes.
i just got rid of my m109r done everything you can possibly do to that bike from a rc wide tires to bolt on mods. Got bored of it everybody in jersey has one now and i wanted something different and unique. The truth is the rockets handles way better and has way more hp out from the door. I will post pics of my ex m109r which was posted for sale for like 2 days before my phone started ringing of the hook and the came to pick it up the and drove it home the same day. Now i'm a proud owner of a Rocket III, just need waiting for the summer to design a hub to bolt on to any Rc wheel, we need more choices then some ugly BST wheels.

Attachments

• BBM109R1.jpg
    BBM109R1.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 308
  • BBM109R2.jpg
    BBM109R2.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 392
  • BBM109R3.jpg
    BBM109R3.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 234
Back