Rocket 3 Touring VS. Valkyrie Tourer

The 280 UTQG rating of the Proxes T1r is no different than the Cooper Zeon 2XS which means it's mileage is likely no more than the Zeon. The Coope Zeon 2XS, I do believe, is a USA made product. If you sense a bit of protectionism there, you are correct.

IMO: A 280 rating is low and with the forces of the RocketIII applied, this UTQG rated tire will get you maybe 250% that of a stock Metz. The "rounded" section of the Zeon led me to it in lieu of something else.

With an Eagle or other 400+ UTQG rated tire you may get no less the performance imagined with the Zeon or Proxes but 500% or more miles.

Last edited:
Maybe I'll buy the Eagle just to keep folks like you happier (and for the extended lifespan), HeR3tic.

But, if you're such an ardent protectionist, what the heck are you doing with a Triumph?

Maybe I'll buy the Eagle just to keep folks like you happier (and for the extended lifespan), HeR3tic.
dont take my word for it

But, if you're such an ardent protectionist, what the heck are you doing with a Triumph?
HD had a triple long ago and decided to shelve it. For all I know this is a hd design.

U'r mighty good with them thar sling shot emoticons:confused: A 338 Win Mag is more effective.:cool:

Last edited:
I am going with a firestone car tire that a local dealer is offering for Goldwings now for my next rear. I have road the bikes and the feeling is good. Some of the guys are going on 25k miles.:D

Back