Rocket 3 Touring VS. Valkyrie Tourer

I'd have to find the thread but I believe that the "smaller throttle bodies on the R3T" was a myth. They are the same part numbers as the Std and Classic.

All the detune is in the ECU mapping.

The 120 mph speed limiter can be opened to any speed you want, not just up to 130 as previously noted.

The 120 mph speed limiter can be opened to any speed you want, not just up to 130 as previously noted.

Which version of Tuneboy are you using on your R3T? My version limits the speed limiter to 205KPH per Wayne's agreement not to allow the R3T to achieve speeds beyond the limits of the H rated tire.

Perhaps that limit has recently been removed.

Forgive my naivete,but I thought that if you remove the secondaries that you do not necessarily need to add a computer, but you will need to retune. Correct?

Forgive my naivete,but I thought that if you remove the secondaries that you do not necessarily need to add a computer, but you will need to retune. Correct?

Correct... to a point

Removing the secondaries gets you around the problem of the 'de-tuning' the first couple of gears from the factory. Removing them will restore all of the power 'tuned-out' at the factory. It doesn't do anything other than that one thing.

If you want to mess with the fueling maps, raise the speed limiter, turn off the O2 sensor, etc. you have to have Tuneboy do make those mods.

If you are putting on aftermarket, non-Triumph, exhaust, you may need to put in a PC3, or Tuneboy, to adjust the fueling. For Triumph exhausts, the factory provides the tunes and any dealer can drop a new tune for their pipes.

Sorry, the GiPro will get you around the speed limiter.

Which version of Tuneboy are you using on your R3T? My version limits the speed limiter to 205KPH per Wayne's agreement not to allow the R3T to achieve speeds beyond the limits of the H rated tire.

Perhaps that limit has recently been removed.

Oops, my bad. I don't have the R3T and made an incorrect assumption. First that I have read about any agreement on Tuneboy limits. :eek:

Thanks for the tutoring, RatBoy, it's appreciated.

The '07 Std. that I will soon be captaining has the Mad Dog slip-ons, an underseat K&N and full upgrade kit with no computer. The dealership where it was purchased from new and subsequently serviced, informed me that they retuned/mapped the motor and it's running like a velvet sledgehammer (smooth and powerful)!

Correct... to a point

Removing the secondaries gets you around the problem of the 'de-tuning' the first couple of gears from the factory. Removing them will restore all of the power 'tuned-out' at the factory. It doesn't do anything other than that one thing.

If you want to mess with the fueling maps, raise the speed limiter, turn off the O2 sensor, etc. you have to have Tuneboy do make those mods.

If you are putting on aftermarket, non-Triumph, exhaust, you may need to put in a PC3, or Tuneboy, to adjust the fueling. For Triumph exhausts, the factory provides the tunes and any dealer can drop a new tune for their pipes.

Sorry, the GiPro will get you around the speed limiter.
Careful there Rat, just taking out the secondaries will not restore full power to the first three gears. The ECM reduces power by retarding the ignition timing. To get full available power in those lower gears will require either a Tuneboy, GiPro or the resistor mod that tricks the ECM into thinking it's in 4th or 5th gear. The PCIII will get you control over the fuel mapping like a tuneboy but to realize it's full potential requires removal of the secondaries and either a GiPro or resistor mod. Tuneboy will allow for changes in the computer software to alter settings for timing and secondary throttle position, but the control still remains with the ECM.

I just don't get why anyone would want to hop on a beast like the R3T and go fast. But, that's okay. Here are my steps for putting a big smile on my face, and a few of the wimmins too. ;)

- Hop on the interstate and cruise at just the right speed to allow cars to pass.

Ohhh yeahhhhh. Check me out, ladies.....I could pass you, but....noooo......just not going to......:cool:

And that brings up the question can you buy a higher speed rated tires for the R3T to overcome that "little" problem.

Dennis

48 (?) dtg Dubai/Kuwait (?)
49 (?) dtg Home

If you saw my tire post last week or so (3 best CTs for the R3), Dennis, there was an answer posted by a Brit who said that they run a Toyo Proxes T1R 235/50 16. It carries a 'W' rating which is good for 168 mph, I believe. of course, that does't help much with the newer Ts and their anemic rims.

Back