Reroute standard exhaust

Chuckster

.020 Over
Hi guy's,

This is my first post having just taken possession of a 2010 Roadster and loving it, my question is this, if I were to bypass the collector and reroute the header pipe directly to the right hand muffler so as to keep the appearance of stock, would I achieve any benefits such as more of a note and better flow or would it be too much for one muffler to handle and create too much back pressure and if that were the case I could then have that muffler modded to allow more flow.
If this was to work it would be a very easy and cheap mod.

Thanks for your expertise
Chuckster :rolleyes:

Welcome mate , another Aussie :D maybe have a chat with the guy that built Ponters exhaust system. Think he trades under Reback , he certainly knows what he's doing with exhausts. He could be contacted through Neville Lush on 0885527433. They are down at Victor Harbour.

As far as I know mate the stock roadster mufflers have cats in them unlike standard/classic so u would need to mod the stock muffler I would say. I think the stock muffler would definitely need to be opened up and then the bike would need a retune for sure. Can't see why it can't be done though plenty of three into one systems getting round on roadsters . U would just have a dummy one on the other side is all.

Hi Mitch, I was talking to the chap that owns Redline exhausts in Adelaide a short while ago and he said he's modified the standard mufflers to give a better note, so I would expect he could do a bit more to allow a better flow and I have the Tune ECU program to upgrade the tune.
Thanks
Chuckster

Pretty sure Ponters had a set of stock Roadster mufflers that had something wrong with them , maybe a small ding or something. May be worth considering if it means opening up the muffler to modify it. Get to keep your stock mufflers that way... just a thought.

If you want to keep the 2 pipes I'm not quite sure why you'd want to reroute through 1 and have the other as a dummy. Wouldn't it be easier just to get a set of Roadster TORS or Staintunes? Or get both sides modded. Maybe Nev (or someone else) can shed some light on whether there's any particular advantage of 3 into 1 v 3 into 2, other things being equal.

By the way, welcome from Canberra.
Good to have you join us. You obviously are looking to "improve" on stock; you'll find us both interested and helpful - and maybe even interesting. ;)

Chuckster
Welcome I have a set of roadster staintunes and crossover pipe in perfect condition less than 8000kms see my photos if you are interested send me a pm. I have just fitted a reband exhaust and don't need the staintunes any more regards Duncan

Back