Reroute standard exhaust

another option perhaps

the rocket III headers route the exhaust to a single outlet. i've been trying to come up with a method of connecting a single supertrapp on the right side of my R III classic. it'd sure get rid of any cats and a lot of weight, and 3 into 1 exhaust systems seem really efficient. the stock rocket headers resemble something you could replicate with plumbing fixtures=i.e. not too efficient for flow, it'd be interesting to come up with an alternative and feed the exhaust into an efficient muffler. i know that a 3 into 1 sure has a wonderful sound. maybe i'm thinking of something like a jars header into a single muffler which would flow the correct volume. any ideas???

Jim,
maybe a cross between the two I have now.
the Jars for the header part.
picture 1...

and a harley open drag pipe like I got on the stock header.
picture 2...

Of course, the PERFECT match, at least to me and my ears,
would be mini preds....
in 2" of course, not 1 & 5/8's....

Since my last post I have fitted a 1 3/4" Supertrapp universal and to fit it to the stock header I made up a "S" bend from two 90 degree 1 7/8" mandrel bends, this brings the header outlet to the correct position to fit up the Supertrapp.
You will also need to weld in a small piece of 1 3/4" to slide the muffler onto and the other end will need a little bit of tweaking to slip over the original header pipe.
All the original brackets will have to go and I used a hanger to support the muffler.
If you would like more info, use ya nogin LOL.

Attachments

• WP_000248.jpg
    WP_000248.jpg
    326.4 KB · Views: 133
Back