Pic of Triple K&N's Under Bearclaw

The airbox will take around a week for MGS to construct and will most likely ship out next week, which means I should have it within a couple of weeks give or take a week.
I just found out MGS would paint the airbox and the claw black. To me the chrome bearclaw stands out more than I care for, mostly because it's chrome. So I'm having MGS paint it all black for me, including the bearclaw. If all goes well, I will have reports by the end of January. Won't be able to custom map until February or March, but I'll find my way into another dyno and get some initial readings anyway with either 1fsthombre or 20050_3.

Hey guys....The "knocking" noise that all of you are hearing is actually the intake valves slamming shut. Nothing to worry about. You just don't hear it with the factory set up.
Bigern

thanks big, ok now i'll do the tts supercharger since i don't actually have a rod knock..
big , one of our r3 captains dropped his bike left side at about 1 mph today do to a car.. we straightened linkage but it is in 1st and won't do netraul, or any other gear. when i rode it you get absolutely no feed back from the shifter.. it's like it's not hooked up to anything in the gearbox.. does this sound like when yours got damaged ?

Sounds exactly like what mine did, except mine was stuck in 5th. It is probably a broken shift detent return pawl which is part of the gearchange shaft assembly. When this part is broken, it will not ratchet the shift drum into position to accept a gear change. If you go to my photos and look at the pictures begining with "what was broken" you'll see what is most likely broken in your friends bike. This is not an easy fix, requiring splitting the engine case halves to repair, although the inital replacement of the damaged part is quite easy. If you/he decides to do it yourselves, i've got the tools you'll need to get the engine out of the frame and to disassemble the motor. Bigern

hey big, ya he's screwed... i haven't spoken with him but in another thread he's "waiting" for parts from T. i'm betting they are replacing the same stuff you had to.. it's at the dealers.

Hey Travelguy. Keep me/us informed on the total cost of the repair. I'd like to have some idea of what the repair would of cost having a dealership do the repair. Bigern

Back