Pic of Triple K&N's Under Bearclaw

Yep the same noise on mine, heard since fitting the K&N's, especially when you feed it the herb's, I didn't worry pulls like a schoolboy just a change in the induction resinance causing it. Like a ho It sounds like it's sucking the chrome off a towball.

Even switching from the underseat K&N to the undertank, I noticed different sounds. I like the sounds...

Thanks for the pics Travelguy. Those look the same size as the ones I received. So is this version three of your exhaust or is the re-do on version two?

Like a ho It sounds like it's sucking the chrome off a towball."

I example number two of when something that sucks is good.:D

hey p9, here's a vid of the diff. b/t the 2 kurks after adding led board to larger.. this is an "old" video that doesn't show red run lights or brake lights or yellow lens .. still a heck of alot more noticeable.
Click here to watch led-44

Question on Filter Placement

I have always been told the cooler the air going in the more horse power. Cooler air is denser air better burn. SO my question is on a single KEN under the bear claw sucking in air which I am guessing here is about 50 to 70 degrees hotter then the air coming in from under the seat really give you that much better performance. I am thinking a K&N but keeping it under the seat.

Paul,
While the undertank K&N may pull cooler air, that air has to travel farther than slightly less cool air going straight into the throttle bodies (if in fact that air is cooler). Also, I think you gotta consider the amount of and speed of the air that the undertank allows versus putting filters directly on the throttle bodies.
Don't know enough about physics to know if it's the coolness, the distance, the amount, the speed, etc., but a glance at HP/TQ numbers throughout the various forums will confirm that setting up filters directly on the throttle bodies is the best way to go so far as performance.
I've got the undertank and it's much better than stock, but I don't plan on stopping at the undertank. Right now I'm just trying to get the most out of my current setup and learn about Tuneboy.
Tall Tx Guy

Last edited:
I agree some what (filters)

I agree with you on that open air filters like on the bike with triple's or even with the bike with the single coming out the front of the bear claw. BUT I'm not convinced that the ones under the tank give you enough flow to off set the temp. You don't get much flow under the tank with the radiator there plus the air temp. Is a lot hotter. How much more flow would it take to off set a 50 degree difference in air??? The cooler the air the more dense the more volume per sq inch. Cooler air = hp. Hey maybe I could put dry ice in the intake (just kidding):roll:

True or false? I was told by a friend of mine in MI. (who buy the way got me into the rocket family) said he was told by the dealer up there that if he unscrewed the cover off the seat for the air filter and bypassed the intake in the seat so it free flowed that he would gain about 5HP, any input on the myth.

Back