Pic of Triple K&N's Under Bearclaw

so I take it, from that answer there is nothing I can do? except go back to stock and lose some hp.Yesterday I went for a good ride and I did seem to get more use to it, perhaps today will be even better. I don't want to rush into reversing what I've done, I'll have a few more rides and see if I can get use to it.
You will get use to it.And start to like it.Jack

I run my K&Ns almost dry because of that.Pull one off and stick your finger as far in as you can and feel the port for the sensor is towards the top of the throttle bodys which helps keep the oll out. BJC Map or Maf it will get to them sooner or later.

I just bought a set, any idea where I can get the chrome covers I have seen on some of them?
thanks,
duane

Air Filters k

Has anybody done any digging into air flow for the KN2204 under seat filter versus
the three RU2780's? The decription for the 2780 are three filters for use on a single
Triumph triple 900/1200. The 2204 is listed just for thr RocketIII. Thats quite a
difference in displacement.

I'll given KN a call tomorrow to get the airflow info on these. Also for those worried about getting the filters wet, KN sells a Dry Charge bag that is water repellant but does not reduce air flow that goes over the filter. Have one installed in my truck works fine keeps any water/mud clumps from penetrating the filter. mjbell2

Last edited:
Yes, it was figured out before that the three 2780's didn't offer the same flow rate as the underseat K&N, however K&N stated you can expect better flow with the 2780s mounted directly to the throttle bodies. Everyone I know that has done the triples has had increased hp.

KN Air Flow

Spoke with K&N this morning. The TD2204 underseat flowed 491.64 CFM
The individual RU2780 flowed 191.02. The math shows a gain of 81.42CFM
over the underseat filter. Not counting the reduced length of draw without
the air intake. Final result more air, cooler, more HP.

K&N Temperature

That thought crossed my mind concerning cooler air. I tried a little experiment, while riding at about 30 MPH I reached over and felt the temperature of the throttle bodies. The temperature at the base of the TB was warmer than air temperature but not that hot considering the location. Most or all of the heat coming from convection with the engine block. About a third of the way up the TB was at air temperature, cool. My overflow tank is mounted in the old air filter location so I get better air flow on the number 1 cylinder which was still a little warmer than 2 and 3. I think loss of power to heat is a non-issue, we are most likely gaining power from the cooler air flow. My hand was calibrated last week, but your results may vary.

Bear Claw with K&N's

Finally got my bear claw modified and black welting added to the new outline.
Click picture to enlarge.

Attachments

• P1000897.jpg
    P1000897.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 653
Back