It won't even start now

Thanks for that advice, I am a little gunshy messing with the mapping, tuneboy is the free one, right?

No. That's TuneECU. You can use the Tuneboy cable with TuneECU to do the secondaries and remap the ECU for changes in exhaust and intake. Check the .com forum for TPS availability too. Good luck.;)

Another 100 dollars will buy you a GIPro that will give you full power if you want it in lower gears. It affects throttle body position and spark. Plus you get a gear indicator as an extra feature. Helps keep from trying to shift to 6th.

Tuneboy is not the free one. I think TuneECU is the free one. I would not mess with anything until you get the engine sorted out. Once the problem has been resolved and you feel confident with the fix, then you may want to make some mods. just my 2 cents.... :)

I'm getting a bad feeling here, I do have a good battery, I pulled a plug, it is dark and wet but I DO have spark. Before it quit, it did seem to be running very very rich, stunk up the garage rich...would not idle. cranking, it won't even try to fire 1 cyl now. Starting to think about timing jump. I did have to put in the spacer in the tensioner and the rattle went away. That was just a few milles ago. It did seem to run great after I put the spacer inbut got progressivly worse fast, got home running like ****. Started up a couple of times after that and every time got worse, now, won't start. starting fliud won't even get it to fire a cyl.....thats is what has me worried that I am beyond electrical (TPS,etc):(:(

I'm getting a bad feeling here, I do have a good battery, I pulled a plug, it is dark and wet but I DO have spark. Before it quit, it did seem to be running very very rich, stunk up the garage rich...would not idle. cranking, it won't even try to fire 1 cyl now. Starting to think about timing jump. I did have to put in the spacer in the tensioner and the rattle went away. That was just a few milles ago. It did seem to run great after I put the spacer inbut got progressivly worse fast, got home running like ****. Started up a couple of times after that and every time got worse, now, won't start. starting fliud won't even get it to fire a cyl.....thats is what has me worried that I am beyond electrical (TPS,etc):(:(

Your spark isn't lighting the fire because your plugs are gas fouled. Clean and dry them (or replace with new). If you had a timing chain problem then you could find that pretty quick by checking the tensioner. The tensioner would still be sloppy loose if that was the problem (since it doesn't self heal). Something to consider about spark plugs. They will spark when grounded to the engine outside the cylinder even if fouled, but may not spark when put under load (over 110 psia cylinder pressure).

I think I will be waiting for my Tuneecu cable that I ordered yesterday. I will do my best to check all the sensors before I start shotgunning parts. Hard to beleive that ALL SIX plugs have fouled....possible but I think a longshot.

Ditto!!!!!! Nothing is worth a piston coming up and swallowing a valve. Make sure the mechanical timing is right first then check the electrical timing. I'd bet it is a TPS though.

If Wayne Tripp happens to come by, I bet he would have some suggestions.

Has anyone done a compression test? I think that woul tell me if the mechanicals are ok. Cranking sounds ok. I can't find compression test numbers anywhere. I figured if I just pulled the easiest plug and the test was high enough...the rest would be a waste of time.

Back