HELP - REMOVE FUSE BOX

Rango

Rocket addicted
Ride
2005 Classic
I'm fitting spot lights.

There are 2 spare fuse slots in the fuse box. I need to run cables to and away from one of the 2 spare fuse slots in the fuse box. I need to remove the fuse box to gain access at the bottom to insert the proper little female electrical connections into the fuse box from below to take the new fuse.
There are 2 like little black rubber bungs which appear to secure the fuse box instead of screws.

Anyone know how to get them out???????
IMG_1111.JPG

They look like panel screws - they just press in - normally destroy them getting them out.

Rather than adding to fuse box look at an auxiliary fuse block like the Easter Beaver PC8 or the DM60. They are easy to fit, allow adding more accessories over time and offer switched and un-switched circuits.

They look like panel screws - they just press in - normally destroy them getting them out.

Rather than adding to fuse box look at an auxiliary fuse block like the Easter Beaver PC8 or the DM60. They are easy to fit, allow adding more accessories over time and offer switched and un-switched circuits.

Fair comment Ygransom. This may be a preference for you and others, idk already "likes' your comment. Nevertheless, personally I would prefer to insert the little male/female connectors directly into the existing fuse box which is already fitted as stock to my bike especially considering there are 2 spare fuse holders available.

I'm not saying you're wrong, simply that this is my preference.

Thank you for taking the time to offer a solution. Have a good day.

FWIW I too had a bear of a time trying to remove that rubber "bung".
I gave up and went with the PDM60 for its programming versatility and lack of fuses.
I would be interested in knowing how you get that sucker detached???

Alright I am back and found the plugs are the press ones like in autos so its rolling the dice as to whether they come out without getting to damaged to use.

here is a shot of the front one. the Rear you can see from under the fender. It is the same type.

P9080008.JPG

Hope this helps

Alright I am back and found the plugs are the press ones like in autos so its rolling the dice as to whether they come out without getting to damaged to use.

here is a shot of the front one. the Rear you can see from under the fender. It is the same type.

P9080008.JPG

Hope this helps

Thank you for your post and great pic warp9.9 but, how the fk do I get em out?

Perhaps I'll just rip them out, break them of coarse, and replace them with a couple of little screws although the rubber is there for a reason. Vibration I would imagine and I hate messing with mechanical items designed by engineers far smarter than me.

I'm sure I could just hop down to my local auto shop and find a couple of little replacement bungs. Yeah?

Thank you for your post and great pic warp9.9 but, how the fk do I get em out?

Perhaps I'll just rip them out, break them of coarse, and replace them with a couple of little screws although the rubber is there for a reason. Vibration I would imagine and I hate messing with mechanical items designed by engineers far smarter than me.

I'm sure I could just hop down to my local auto shop and find a couple of little replacement bungs. Yeah?
They might even have the tool to pop them out. I bet it is like a fork you slide under and pry up. They might still be ok when the come out. I have saved a lot on the cars. They use them on the door panels.

But hey why not use the fog light plug on the harness ?

They might even have the tool to pop them out. I bet it is like a fork you slide under and pry up. They might still be ok when the come out. I have saved a lot on the cars. They use them on the door panels.

But hey why not use the fog light plug on the harness ?

Thanks warp9.9. That certainly seems more logical, silly me. I have heated grips and assumed the 'Fog Light Plug' you speak of will have already been used for the Heated Grips.........No????

Thanks warp9.9. That certainly seems more logical, silly me. I have heated grips and assumed the 'Fog Light Plug' you speak of will have already been used for the Heated Grips.........No????
No there is one for each just like there is a place on the switch holder for two switches.

Back