Gonna tune him up! (Will it stay together)

Will it hold?

• Total voters
Looks like everything in the #3 hole is toast. Rebuild comin in hot.

Attachments

• IMG_0057.jpeg
    IMG_0057.jpeg
    155.4 KB · Views: 18
I am glad that you know how to wrench. I would be sooo screwed. Is the lower part of the engine ok?
🤷🏻 tomorrow morning Konrad and i are taking head off for reveal party, few more parts to get out of the way but ill be ready for reveal at 9:30😎

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 13
🤷🏻 tomorrow morning Konrad and i are taking head off for reveal party, few more parts to get out of the way but ill be ready for reveal at 9:30😎
I’ll be there! Just listening to you two talk about engines and horsepower and all of the variables, I feel smarter. I ask too many questions but you guys are very patient with me. It is very interesting that this is such a precise science, yet, wide open to build an engine. You are going to end up costing me a bunch of money. When you started talking about what the new engine on my bike (2.5) is capable of… Maaannn.

Oops, nevermind, that’s not at the dyno.

Last edited:
Not pretty:/

Sorry man that's a very rough outcome. It's really hard to crash valves into pistons in R3s, but it clearly happened. I suspect preignition cracked the rod, then piston met valve since it was sitting proud, then ...yuck. I don't believe more typical detonation on an NA engine is capable of this level of carnage.

It does prove how tough the Wossners are though. Cracking an R3 rod and liner is no small feat and the fact the piston stayed in place without a hole in it is impressive.

I'm not sure I'd attempt using that crank or cases again.

Last edited:
It was stock timing, after putting it together my self and riding like a fool for 3000 miles and surviving on the dyno for two days and coming apart at 7000rpm im ok, best time of my life. The static compression being high may not have caused this, there is no signs of detonation in the other 2 cylinders, they look great. This is probably mechanical as the valves snapped off and beat the piston up, it didnt melt, i had the exhaust valves too tight i can almost guarantee it. Even though i failed, I learned and im fixing to put together a very strong motor thats gonna survive the dyno and be a hoot to pilot.

Back