overbeck

Standard Bore
2008 R3
Specs say I have a 6.3 gal tank. I fill up and the fuel ligHt comes on about 100 miles. About 3 gallons to fill up again.

Anyone else have the fuel light come on this early?

Ovb

yep,
it'll do that till you take the tank off and flip her over
and pull the float out and "adjust" it manually..
i bent mine down about a quarter inch.
Now she comes on at 150 miles,
which leaves me about a 50 mile reserve.

I've always used my trip meter, so I don't even pay attention to the light. Mine is on all the time at the moment. I believe when it was at the dealer earlier this year, they had the fuel pump assembly out and the float got stuck when they put it back in. It's not worth me taking it all back out just for the float... lol Wish I could disable the light sometimes though!..

Yeah...I think it's in the bible about this problem from waaaay back:D.

Dennis

Yes it is Dennis,
as I recall it's Genesis 1:3, and I quote,,,
And GOD said let there be light: and there was light,
1:4 (first half) And GOD saw the light: that it was good.
So the problem has been identified by higher up's, and determined to be good.
Apparently GOD and Triumph has known about this from the beginning.

Guys do these things REALLY hold 6.3 reasonably useable Gallons. Just crossed 18,000 miles on mine and I put 4.3 in it once.. Yes my light is a 130 mile deal to whomever mentioned that.. So my light is on at essentially half a tank? I wonder with these squirley shaped tanks can you use it all? or are we walking with a gallon left.. Anyone ran their's out?

Ill hang up and listen to your answers...

Mike
BWT I have a $3400 second gear, must be nice

An old thread but a good question. I have run mine down to where I have put right at 6.0 US Gallons in it. The factory setting for the low fuel light is way to early. Out on the highway at semi-legal speeds, you can easily reach 200 miles per tank. Done it many times. I normally start looking at 180.

22 liters, I usually put in 15-16 liters when I refuel after the light goes on, on my R3T, so 6 liters or 1.5 gallons left.

I've put 5.9 gallons in her (in the states), and 21.7 liters in here in Germany. Never any signs of cutting out; even in leaning turns.
Always use mileage as indicator. Before mods, the light always came on at 150-160. After mods it comes on 135-145. I know I still have more than 2 gallons left at that point to I have an easy 50 miles by throttle ripping standards!

I've put 5.9 gallons in her (in the states), and 21.7 liters in here in Germany. Never any signs of cutting out; even in leaning turns.
Always use mileage as indicator. Before mods, the light always came on at 150-160. After mods it comes on 135-145. I know I still have more than 2 gallons left at that point to I have an easy 50 miles by throttle ripping standards!

My R3T Fuel light comes on with 4 litres to go and the Distance to empty figure is around 70 klms it changes as you increase or decrease speed, the fuel gauge is extremely accurate,I have watched it as I syphoned out the gas into a container marked in litres at 21 litres it shows empty but the bike will still run sitting level ,close enough for me .

Back