Low fuel level indicator light

Cunningham

Just riding through life best I can
Ride
'06 Triumph Rocket III
So here's a potentially silly question: How do I know if my low fuel level indicator light is actually working?

I've had my '06 Rocket III for a little over a month and I've been refueling every 150 miles or so, even rode for 160 miles once, but have yet to see the light come on. (I reset the 'Trip A' odometer when I refuel, but sometimes I get a couple miles down the road before I remember to do that.) Should I push 170 to see if the bugger works? I'd sure hate to run out of gas while riding. Any insights will be greatly appreciated.

I’ll add my 2 bits to this. I have both an ’06 & ’08 classic & the fuel lights consistently come on at around 230km, I’m from Alberta,Can., that’s about 140 mi.. My 06 is in my shop just now for an oil change & service & 310km. (195 mi.) on the clock with a 1 gal. fuel can in the saddle bag still full. As the temperature up here today is predicted to be +9 C (48F) and most of the ice has disappeared from the roads, I think I’ll find out how far it will go until empty.👍

I’ll add my 2 bits to this. I have both an ’06 & ’08 classic & the fuel lights consistently come on at around 230km, I’m from Alberta,Can., that’s about 140 mi.. My 06 is in my shop just now for an oil change & service & 310km. (195 mi.) on the clock with a 1 gal. fuel can in the saddle bag still full. As the temperature up here today is predicted to be +9 C (48F) and most of the ice has disappeared from the roads, I think I’ll find out how far it will go until empty.👍
The weatherman lied to use & gave us more snow so I may not find out until next season.🥴

Gettin' nervous...
I can still here fuel sloshing around in there. Next first stop will be the gas station with a gallon gas can.
20240220_183421.jpg

Back