Buying me a Gold Wing

Kelly Blue book retail on this bike is $16,000 ... If this was legit even without a job I'd buy it just to turn a quick profit. They could get more than $2,800 at a pawn shop. lol

This is sooo Bogus !!! :p

Sure its a con. Just do a search on Gold Wing scam. Its been done many times over. Usually through Craigslist, sometimes Ebay. The Craigslist ad only lasted a couple of hours before they yanked it.

I'm just entertaining myself by going back and forth with 'Brittany'. I've notified Comcast's fraud department about the email address and sent them a link to the ad. Who knows, maybe they'll contact the authorities since they should have a physical address associated with the account.

From the email:

Here is how GoogleCheckout it will work:

1.First of all I will need the following details from you:
- Full Name
- Full Shipping Address
- Phone Number - required by the shipping company, they will call you with delivery/pickup instructions 1 day ahead so you can communicate what time schedule work best for your to receive the item.
2. After I will receive the details from you, I'll ask them to fill you in with the transaction details. Google Checkout will contact you with simple, easy to follow step by step guidelines. So, this is not a blind transaction, you can see the bike before you decide to buy. This way we are both protected: i will know that i have a serious buyer who has the money to pay me and you will be able to see and inspect the bike before buying.

I replied that all of this was unnecessary as I would be paying cash and picking the bike up in person. I have yet to get a response.

From that detailed description of the transaction I don't see how they have a scam. I mean I know it's there, I just don't seem to get it. Maybe I'm just too honest a person or something. Where are they making the money? :confused:

Are they asking for a deposit prior to seeing the bike? That would just be silly.

Back