Buying me a Gold Wing

GPMAZ

Staff member
Ran across the following link in a local Craigslist ad:

2006 Honda Gold Wing - Fully Loaded

As you can see its a screaming deal. Beautiful bike, low miles, and at at a price that's just too good to pass up.

Of course, its not legit, and if you do a search on Gold Wing scam you'll find many instances of the same type of ad for what appears to be the same bike.

I've exchanged several emails with a Senior Medic Sgt. 1st Class Brittany Breaux. She has gone into great detail on the payment process and how the bike is ready for shipping in New York. I informed her that it just so happened that I would be in New York next weekend and instead of shipping the bike I would be picking it up in person. Of course, she is confined to base as she is preparing for deployment to Afghanistan. I have told her that I will be happy to meet with her representative to complete the purchase.

It really doesn't take much to entertain me anymore. Must be a symptom of my advancing years.

The spelling and grammar is a dead giveaway that it's written by an English illiterate. Do people actually fall for scams like this? Good for you torturing these people, they need their chain yanked. Friggin' low-life's should be burned at the stake.

But wow, what a sweet bike. I know what my next one will be after riding one ... Gold Wing is definitely the Cadillac of bikes.

a bloke i know has just seen his bsa m20 for sale in scotland on ebay. the vendor would have a hard time at the viewings seeing as its still in my mates garage 250mls away:D. it was advertised for half its value, i can only think they are after your pay-pal deposit.:confused:

Cmon, her email address is lovemykids327, she has gotta be legit, I'll bet she is the spittin image of June Cleaver......:D

The last email I got had detailed instructions on using Google Checkout as a payment process. She did promise me a '5 day inspection period', so I'm sure I could get a refund were I not satisfied.

Supposedly the bike is in Farmingville, NY. Since she's leaving for a war zone soon I was thinking this trip could yield added benefits, although that last picture has me a bit scared. Maybe in my next email I'll ask for some more revealing photos. Something tells me my wife may not see the humor in that request though.

LOL too funny!!! Now i cant be 100% positive but the only troops that I know of deploying out of ny state are from Fort Drum located just outside of watertown ny which is about 5-6hrs from farmingville ny (long island).....now the bike could very well be there but tell her youll be glad to hand her cash in person and you have peeps in ny that will be glad to help you navigate aorund!! :D:D

mutt

Back