Upset Neighbors

Neighbor's are free to move, anytime they want. If your going to live next door to a person that owns a motorcycle, you have to expect some noise from time to time. And if it's an every morning thing, be thankful that that person is working for a living, instead of laying on their butts, collecting gobment money for nuttin.;)

Neighbor's are free to move, anytime they want. If your going to live next door to a person that owns a motorcycle, you have to expect some noise from time to time. And if it's an every morning thing, be thankful that that person is working for a living, instead of laying on their butts, collecting gobment money for nuttin.;)
Those neighbors should be glad they don’t live next door to me. In addition to motorcycles I shoot pistols, rifles and shotguns in my yard. I’ll probably put a hundred rounds of 9 mm through a new Kimber tomorrow.:thumbsdown:

Last edited:
Those neighbors should be glad they don’t live next door to me. In addition to motorcycles I shoot pistols, rifles and shotguns in my yard. I’ll probably put a hundred rounds of 9 mm through a new Kimber tomorrow.:thumbsdown:
Just throwing this out there. You don't live in a track home. :thumbsup:

Just throwing this out there. You don't live in a track home. :thumbsup:
Nope.
2C0C5517-F742-497A-8E49-8AA6CF5C0264.jpeg

Out my back door with my little dirt stop.

I shoot all the time in my backyard but its mostly suppressed and not at 5am so nobody complains.

......That being said, I like all my neighbors and they live that nice quiet "live and let live" life so they are never a problem and I want to be able to fix this without saying "my ride, my life"...
Adam
You're a good man to even give a sh!te. Most people nowadays seem to operate from their own bubble as if the world revolves completely around them. Let 'em know you're trying to find a solution- that will go a long way and having good neighbors is a blessing. I have a guy in the neighborhood that obviously doesn't want to wake up his own household or next door neighbors (how considerate) when he leaves for work at 4:30 a.m. So last winter he would idle up to the corner where I live and let his diesel truck sit and idle there to warm up. A right turn and he could just coast downhill for a mile. I flashed on all my lights in the house one morning and he seemed to get the message. We'll see as cooler weather approaches again. "Do unto others...." and all that good sh!te people like to say but don't really ever practice, you know?

Last edited:
You really can't be a Di** to your neighbors if you want peace and harmony. You really don't owe anyone anything but having a decent relationship with your neighbors can be a good thing. A feud or pissing contest with a neighbor always turns badly and can turn personal. Why have that aggravation if you can avoid it when there are so many other worthwhile things to be aggravated about :). I'm not close to any neighbor but we all chat in the street once in a while and if someone has a party planned they invite all the neighbors so no one *****es. It seems to work. It's easier to be nice than be an ass****. I have been known to be both.:thumbsup:

You're a good man to even give a sh!te. Most people nowadays seem to operate from their own bubble as if the world revolves completely around them. Let 'em know you're trying to find a solution- that will go a long way and having good neighbors is a blessing. I have a guy in the neighborhood that obviously doesn't want to wake up his own household or next door neighbors (how considerate) when he leaves for work at 4:30 a.m. So last winter he would idle up to the corner where I live and let his diesel truck sit and idle there to warm up. A right turn and he could just coast downhill for a mile. I flashed on all my lights in the house one morning and he seemed to get the message. We'll see as cooler weather approaches again. "Do unto others...." and all that good sh!te people like to say but don't really ever practice, you know?
While I am reguarded by many as an a$$hole (and I am), I try to keep the neighbors happy. If I lived in a neighborhood I wouldnt worry to much about it but I would still idle out to keep the peace.
You really can't be a Di** to your neighbors if you want peace and harmony. You really don't owe anyone anything but having a decent relationship with your neighbors can be a good thing. A feud or pissing contest with a neighbor always turns badly and can turn personal. Why have that aggravation if you can avoid it when there are so many other worthwhile things to be aggravated about :). I'm not close to any neighbor but we all chat in the street once in a while and if someone has a party planned they invite all the neighbors so no one *****es. It seems to work. It's easier to be nice than be an ass****. I have been known to be both.:thumbsup:
Exactly, why cause problems and cause anger when its easy enough to avoid it. While I cant afford a new exhaust, I can spend the $150+ to get baffles and hope that solves the problem without neutering the sound of the bike.

I start my bike with the 240 megaphone at anytime just to annoy my neighbor, she is a jerk and that is a little payback for me :roll:
my last house, I would purposely let the bike warm up and cruise on out because the neighbors were all college students that partied every night. Now Im in a place that is in the country and quiet so I want to keep the neighbors happy. My house in colorado I would start my m109r with short radius pipes every morning 8 months out of the year but compared to the harley screaming eagles down the road, it was quiet.

Back