Upset Neighbors

verticalspark

.060 Over
Ride
2005 Rocket III
I recently purchased an 05 Rocket III with Jardines and it has apparently upset my neighbors. I leave early (5am) in the morning and idle (sub 1k) out of a shared driveway which has repeatedly woken up my neighbors to the point where they have started to complain. We live about 200 yards from a railroad crossing that sees multiple trains per night so the thought of my bike idling out of the drive waking them up is difficult to consider. That being said, I like all my neighbors and they live that nice quiet "live and let live" life so they are never a problem and I want to be able to fix this without saying "my ride, my life". I ordered a two universal 2" baffles and am considering pulling the baffles and packing/wrapping again them to help.
Anyone dealing with or have dealt with this before?
Adam

Jardines can be a bit loud, especially at 5AM. You could consider installing aftermarket baffles. These will quiet down the Jardines a bit. Hard to say if it will be enough for your neighbors.
Quiet Thunder Monster Baffles
I have the stock baffles for what little they do. I have to ask if you have expereince with these baffles? I have been looking at them but without any real information/videos/comments on them and while the price isnt a ton of money, its still a lot to throw at something that may or may not work.
Adam

I have the stock baffles for what little they do. I have to ask if you have expereince with these baffles? I have been looking at them but without any real information/videos/comments on them and while the price isnt a ton of money, its still a lot to throw at something that may or may not work.
Adam
Yes, I installed them on my R3T with the Jardines. Made a noticeable difference. Easy install. Remove the mufflers, drill a hole and install the baffles. If you want to take them out, just use a nut and bolt to fill the hole.

Thanks for the info. I will email them today and order the correct size. Hopefully they will be quiet enough for me to idle out in the morning and not upset them.

I recently purchased an 05 Rocket III with Jardines and it has apparently upset my neighbors. I leave early (5am) in the morning and idle (sub 1k) out of a shared driveway which has repeatedly woken up my neighbors to the point where they have started to complain. We live about 200 yards from a railroad crossing that sees multiple trains per night so the thought of my bike idling out of the drive waking them up is difficult to consider. That being said, I like all my neighbors and they live that nice quiet "live and let live" life so they are never a problem and I want to be able to fix this without saying "my ride, my life". I ordered a two universal 2" baffles and am considering pulling the baffles and packing/wrapping again them to help.
Anyone dealing with or have dealt with this before?
Adam
I have the same problem, I have Thunderbike pipes. A few years ago people bought the house next to me after the woman who lived there passed, I always push my bike to the street before I start it up and let it warm up, well they let me know they're not happy, I tried to be nice by starting the bike on the street instead of between the houses. Now get this, I've been cutting and splitting firewood for over 40 yrs., I used to start at 8a. and stop at 2pm., to be a nice guy I now start at 9:30am and stop at noon, well they complained to me and I told them if they wanted peace and quiet they might have been happier to buy a home in the country as I've been cutting over 40 yrs. and I try to be nice BUT I have to live my life also. Now by law I can start at 7am, and work till 8pm, I hope they don't push my buttons too much more.

I have the same problem, I have Thunderbike pipes. A few years ago people bought the house next to me after the woman who lived there passed, I always push my bike to the street before I start it up and let it warm up, well they let me know they're not happy, I tried to be nice by starting the bike on the street instead of between the houses. Now get this, I've been cutting and splitting firewood for over 40 yrs., I used to start at 8a. and stop at 2pm., to be a nice guy I now start at 9:30am and stop at noon, well they complained to me and I told them if they wanted peace and quiet they might have been happier to buy a home in the country as I've been cutting over 40 yrs. and I try to be nice BUT I have to live my life also. Now by law I can start at 7am, and work till 8pm, I hope they don't push my buttons too much more.
Thats the kicker for me, I let the bike run just long enough to get oil to the top end and idle down the driveway. I have been riding it almost every day the last two weeks without complaint or so it would seem. I would push it to the road but its a 1/4mile gravel driveway so thats not really a possibility. And I have to say that these pipes are a bit too loud because even with headphones in cruising the drone starts to get to me after a few hours.

Maybe roll out into the street with the pipes facing away from them before you hit the starter and idle away. Any complaints of that would get laughed away.

New neighbors getting picky is bit different.

Back