Upset Neighbors

Alright gents, tomorrow deliveries will be complete to finally finish this off and get me back on the monster until the hurricane shows up. The turn around for sending back and getting the correct sized baffles to Big City Thunder was amazing! So fast that I am still waiting on the baffle packing to show up. There is no room to mount the baffles in the pipes so I am going to mount them at the far end of the baffles by adding an extra nut and bolt to the secondary body of the baffles to hold them in place. If anyone has any other ideas, feel free to say them. I have found lots of people that have used these baffles in a straight pipe but none that have added them to a baffle before. My hope is that adding it to the beginning of the baffle it will serve the same purpose.
2022-09-26 16.30.06.jpg

Ok, the new exhaust mat arrived, both baffles reinstalled with 1/8 stainless pop rivets, exhaust reinstalled, and....eh. From what I got during the 10 min ride, the idle was slightly quieter as well as the cruising under 2k. Under load and 2k, the bike was significantly quieter but seeing as how my average speed to work sets the RPMs at usually 2800-3200, its still a bit loud. I will ride it to work Thursday morning and give you an honest report on what happens with the noise level and the neighbors then. I would like to point out that these would work great in just straight pipes, but I already had flow through baffles to which these were an add on hoping to quiet down the low end.
2022-10-04 17.16.25.jpg
2022-10-04 17.09.17.jpg

Very curious about your results. As I recall the Jardines have a deep rumble, deeper than any other setup I've heard on R3s. May be hard to tame the low pitch output with baffles.

Very curious about your results. As I recall the Jardines have a deep rumble, deeper than any other setup I've heard on R3s. May be hard to tame the low pitch output with baffles.
So the Jardines have a very deep rumble with the stock baffles but it has some of that "open exhaust" noise, almost like you exhale through an open mouth noise. The baffles have lessened the resonance that you get around buildings. So its still loud, still deep, but it seems to travel less. I rode it down the road today without a helmet and it has dropped the noise level but kept the sound. Not sure if its more back pressure or less airflow (power commander tuned for full exhaust), but if I hard accelerate and let off I get nice little pops and gurgles just loud enough to hear them.

How about packing them on the inside with a stainless steel mesh to force more out into the matt. Just a thought.

Thats not a bad idea. The bike is currenlty going to be used every day until its too cold to ride. So I may try that once winter has officially hit and I can take the entire exhaust back off and drill out the rivets.
How about packing them on the inside with a stainless steel mesh to force more out into the matt. Just a thought.
A1-rhn4QBBL._SL1500_.jpg

Back