bq245

.020 Over
Question: a service tech at the dealer told me to avoid the tuneboy--saying that he has seen many problems.......I'm concerned about this.
Is there validity here?

Thanks, Brant

thanks Jefff1 and Hombre for the info.
.....one more question, does Tuneboy negate the 2 year warranty?

Brant

My dealer knows I have it and hasn't threatened me with anything.. Same with others on this forum.... If used properly by a qualified dyno technician or if one of the Tuneboy tunes are downloaded and used, I don't see any problems. None of these tunes come close to pushing the engine outside of its evelope.... For example, the 20050_2 Tuneboy tune is very close to the Triumph 20055 "wide open" tune.. Just opens the secondary butterflies 100% in all gears (big difference in performance) and corrects the speedo.... In fact, if I am not mistaken, it seems non-Tuneboy bikes seem to have more mechanical problems on this site than those with Tuneboy.. (an observation, just an anecdotal observation)

Mike.....

mine mumbles something about loading some crazy kid with no idea of what they are doing tune in your bike.....

geez who would be stupid enough to load a ..total.. strangers... tune ...oh wait ****....I did..

I love the tune boy and have not even begun to fully explore what it is capable of, I have loaded several different tunes to experiment and believe me it makes a huge differene in power, just going from one to another its obvious in the ole SOTP dyno...

hope to dyno my bike this winter at the local HD dealership figured they won;t have much busniss so I can ride in and out without a fuss.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I haven't seen any connection between idle problems and Tuneboy. It maybe the uninformed user or someone who doesn't respect the consequences of the changes. I would imagine Tuneboy users may show a higher frequency of tire replacement. Just a guess. :wink:

Back