Top o the morning to you

ciderbaby

.020 Over
Ride
Vmax, KTM 990sd, Harley wide glide and soon R3gt
Hi all
Tim here from Ireland. I'm just about to seal the deal on a new R3 GT.
I've had heaps of bike through the years. At the moment I've a 92 Vmax, KTM 990SD and a Harley wide glide.
I think I'm gonna opt for the Triumph alarm and connectivity module. Is there anything else I should consider

Should be a good addition to the garage.

Regarding extras...... If you can get a good deal thrown in on a quick-shifter, that's a nice extra to have, but I guess it depends what you're planning to use the bike for.

The Triumph panniers are pretty small and the rear backrest/rack is a bit on the weak side, if you're planning to load it up for a big camping trip for example. These accessories are not cheap so have a look and have a think before you splash the extra cash.

Should be a good addition to the garage.

Regarding extras...... If you can get a good deal thrown in on a quick-shifter, that's a nice extra to have, but I guess it depends what you're planning to use the bike for.

The Triumph panniers are pretty small and the rear backrest/rack is a bit on the weak side, if you're planning to load it up for a big camping trip for example. These accessories are not cheap so have a look and have a think before you splash the extra cash.
Agree on the quick shifter.

There doesn't seem to be much in the way of deals over here......in fact there isn't one to test ride !!!!

Welcome from Christchurch New Zealand Tim...i'm a cider drinker too lol...
You will love the Rocket for sure and there are a number of xtras you can add to make it fit your needs.
The quickshifter is a real plus (i dont have one on my Rocket but had one on a 1200 tiger)..
Panniers are costly but great if your'e doing trips.
I added ' Grip puppies' to my grips as my hands are XL...i used rubber tape under them b4 sliding them on...feels good now.
Make sure you do the suspension adjustments!...the preload on these bikes are on the very bottom setting when the bike leaves the factory and the bumps will hurt your back...check this video for a good starting point...cheers Tal.

Hi all
Tim here from Ireland. I'm just about to seal the deal on a new R3 GT.
I've had heaps of bike through the years. At the moment I've a 92 Vmax, KTM 990SD and a Harley wide glide.
I think I'm gonna opt for the Triumph alarm and connectivity module. Is there anything else I should consider
Greetings Tim... I'm also a Tim from Colorado.
Only 2 cents is whatever maintenance plan they have. Get it

Thanks guys. I got a call from a friend about a 3R for sale at a dealership about 2 hours from home - wrong colour, wrong model but as I haven't seen one in the flesh and I had nothing else to do I said what the hell.
It was 2020 with 4000 miles apparently. Something just didn't seem right though. There seemed to be a lot of wear on the peg rubbers for the mileage.
I won't be buying this directly from a main dealership. I got a friend with his own independent workshop. He will be doing all my servicing and repairs.
I think I'll be painting the rad cowl and a few more alloy bits black for a start.

Tim

Back