It happened to me on Friday. My observations are that when the temperature below 16C it happens. It was cooler on Friday when it happened.
it just has not happened with you enough so that you can rule out temperature factor.

Last edited:
.....triumph are calling it a fault one of the spark plug caps wasnt snapped down on to the plug top......
Regards Brian
I posted when I did my first 10k service, myself, and was shocked to see every dang plug wire was just resting on top of the plugs. Getting them to seat took a lot of effort, so I guess it was too much trouble for the workers on the assembly line.

However, since that is no longer an issue on my bike I have had that stall happen a few times. My untested theory at the moment is that it may have to do with the flimsy clutch switch. If I'm correct, and this happens to you, see if you can start the bike without the clutch lever pulled in. If so, the switch is broken or not set properly. Your fuel reading may be off, as well. Just a theory, but I have a feeling it might be related.

last it happened to me when I was at drag strip, i finished the quarter mile and pulled the clutch in and engine shut off. not sure if happened after that it was like over a month ago.

it just has not happened with you enough so that you can rule out temperature factor.
It's happened to me a fair number of times (+10), mostly in the first year of ownership.
My observations (perhaps not yours) is that it occurs when the temperature is low. It has never happened to me when it's warmer (+18C) outside.

It's happened to me a fair number of times (+10), mostly in the first year of ownership.
My observations (perhaps not yours) is that it occurs when the temperature is low. It has never happened to me when it's warmer (+18C) outside.
maybe something to do with GT vs R.

I have experienced it once during my tenure of this (my first) year riding my 2020 Rocket 3R.
I guess that in my case, it could be one of many different reasons. If it happens again I will take more notice after reading this thread.

I posted when I did my first 10k service, myself, and was shocked to see every dang plug wire was just resting on top of the plugs. Getting them to seat took a lot of effort, so I guess it was too much trouble for the workers on the assembly line.

However, since that is no longer an issue on my bike I have had that stall happen a few times. My untested theory at the moment is that it may have to do with the flimsy clutch switch. If I'm correct, and this happens to you, see if you can start the bike without the clutch lever pulled in. If so, the switch is broken or not set properly. Your fuel reading may be off, as well. Just a theory, but I have a feeling it might be related.

Update- no, not it. Happened to me the other day. Afterwards I tried starting the bike with out pulling in the clutch and it wouldn't start, so the clutch switch was working. There goes that theory 🤷🏼‍♂️, although I've since seen it mentioned in other threads like here....

Last edited:
Back