Dave:

People do the strangest things.......

Reminds me of the first time I rode my snowmobile on open water. I had watched other sledders but I was very nervous about going from snow to water but I did it anyway. You go from land to water at about 50 and when you hit the water, you firewall the throttle, the sled sinks down in the back as the track paddles the water. The nose climbs up and your speed drops off to around 30 as you find an equilibrium between the forward motion and the water sliding under the sled. It's just like skipping a rock on water. You don't want to stop on water. The sled will sink like a rock, just like a rock sinks if you don't skip it hard enough. It's quite a rush but could have very expensive consequences if you had mechanical failure.

I would imagine that you could ride the Rock on open water with some hydro-foils but you'd need some sort of propulsion and the Metz isn't going to do the job. You'd need a tire with paddles for forward motion.

A New Era in WaterCraft

BST CarbonFiber Wheels and paddle tires :D Now there's a vision for ya Hombre :D Put that supercharger to everyday use! Yeah! I'm green :rolleyes:

Sorry, PM. I couldn't resist.

Dave:

People do the strangest things.......

Reminds me of the first time I rode my snowmobile on open water. I had watched other sledders but I was very nervous about going from snow to water but I did it anyway. You go from land to water at about 50 and when you hit the water, you firewall the throttle, the sled sinks down in the back as the track paddles the water. The nose climbs up and your speed drops off to around 30 as you find an equilibrium between the forward motion and the water sliding under the sled. It's just like skipping a rock on water. You don't want to stop on water. The sled will sink like a rock, just like a rock sinks if you don't skip it hard enough. It's quite a rush but could have very expensive consequences if you had mechanical failure.

I would imagine that you could ride the Rock on open water with some hydro-foils but you'd need some sort of propulsion and the Metz isn't going to do the job. You'd need a tire with paddles for forward motion.

Anyone can do it on a sled,I seen it done on a bike on TV the other night..

Back