Spark Plugs & Anti Seize

Micksan

Supercharged
Ride
2023 Triumph R3 GT, 2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT,
When I joined I said I would be asking a lot of questions, which you folks have been real helpful with. I also said that I would try to contribute when I could.
Over the years I have pulled a wrench lot of different bikes, both mine and others.This came to mind as I was changing the plugs on the R3
One trick that has been around for years is to put a dab of anti seize grease on the threads of spark plugs when you replace them. Not expensive, but can make them screw in easier , seat properly, and prevent damage to the threads in the engine. I have had to replace a lot of threaded spark plug inserts. Not easy by any standard. Expensive if you take it to a shop.You don't need a bunch just a dab where the threads start , it will work its way up as the plug is screwed in. A penny and a couple of seconds and save a lot of money and having your bike tied up in the shop waiting its turn.

Excellent advice

Thanks for the advice Micksan,a little goes a long way.
I put it on all engines I work with.

Agreed. I also sop some on my car studs after rotating the tires and also the rotor face to keep the rim from sticking! Oh and the hub that the rotor sits on. :D

mutt

****, I've been torqing them to 60 ft lbs and using red locktite. lol
Looking at your avatar, I see that Navy mug. What was your tour date.
Later

I signed up in 1961 Spent 22yrs as a torpedoman. Came out a Senior Chief.

Back