PRESS RELEASE - Motorcycle Industry reinforces advertising policy

I feel safer already....Sure will make for boring advertisements. If it weren't for Gov. mandated safety rules I'd be wraping the cord on window blinds around my neck and sticking my fingers under a running lawnmower:)

What a bunch of pansies. Why don't they just mandate that all motorcycle advertisements show motorcycles running the roads with training wheels attached...now that would be real safe.

What a nanny state in a very PC atmosphere...I'm sure it will eventually show up over here.

Dennis

5 dtg KAF
9 dtg Dubai
10 dtg Home
31 dtg Ray's

Our leaders have managed to child-proof life, with everything adapted to accomodate and protect the weakest links in society. Evolution of the human species has been stopped cold and is now moving backwards. There were **** good reasons some children choked on marbles, now they are encouraged to reproduce and pass on the defect so that it becomes a behavior so common, laws have to be passed to protect them from themselvs (Warning labels on marbles :confused:). It's ludacris and makes me glad I won't live forever.
Where is the tipping point? ... there should be a law that requires the removal of one law in order to pass another. Eventually the book is just going to be too huge to carry, and a childs entire education will only be about what you can't do by law. Can you imagine?
:eek:

Unfortunately, we live in a world where a dumbass can (and did, btw) use a lawn mower to trim/cut a hedge, cut half his **** arm off, and then file a law suit against the lawn mower manufacturer AND WIN because they didn't have a saftety mechanism in place that would prevent the dumbass from using it in an unsafe manner.

Frankly, I am SHOCKED that we are afforded the freedom to choose whether or not we want to wear a helmet in about half the states, especially considering we're required to wear a seatbelt in all 50. Just goes to show the strength of the AMA.

Bottom line, none of this knee jerk reactive crap surprises me anymore.

Back