Palmerperformance DashCommand

stephantmi

Stephan
Ride
2011 R3T, Saving my 1996 HD Softtail for Grandson
Has anybody tried the DashCommand program and do you have a favorite dash? I was looking for one that displayed RPM, temperatures cooling and intake, the gear and mileage factors.

I received the OBDII wireless interface yesterday and downloaded the software. Seems to work great, the RPM has a bit of a lag, perhaps a second or so, in the display, but overall good. The skidpad feature is cool, but still trying to learn about it.

DashCommand - Palmer Performance Engineering, Inc.

examples of dashboards Home - DashXL.net

Attachments

• Trip.jpg
    Trip.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 151
  • Performance.jpg
    Performance.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 185
  • Engine1.jpg
    Engine1.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 137
Rocket PID

Does anyone have a list of support PIDs for the Rocket? I'm trying to use the DashCommand product and the dashboards that have the Gear don't work and I'm assuming that either the Rocket doesn't support the appropriate PID or the Rocket's PID for what gear its in, has a different name than is used in the dashboard. That's why I need a list of supported PIDs.

Thanks

Does anyone have a list of support PIDs for the Rocket? I'm trying to use the DashCommand product and the dashboards that have the Gear don't work and I'm assuming that either the Rocket doesn't support the appropriate PID or the Rocket's PID for what gear its in, has a different name than is used in the dashboard. That's why I need a list of supported PIDs.

Thanks
This is for one VERY SIMPLE FACT.

The R3 DOES NOT HAVE AN OBD-II compliant interface.

It's OBD-1. This I had confirmed by the makers of Features | VI Performance - They went to Triumph and asked.

My guess - is that only Triumph know the non-standard PID's - You'll have to ask them.

Triumph

Well, I called Triumph in the UK; they stated that they don't support the OBD2 as a customer accessible device. They don't want customers messing with their bikes. The device is there only for dealer use in diagnostics.
I did try to explain how that is contrary to their customer base and if they were smart they would get on board, but as expected, it fell on deaf ears.
So, I guess unless someone here knows how to find out what the PIDs are for the Triumph, I won’t be able to show the gearing on the dashboard.

It really chaps my a$$ when some dip**** tells me what I can and can't do with a machine that I own...it is no longer "their" bike...its mine

So, I guess unless someone here knows how to find out what the PIDs are for the Triumph, I won’t be able to show the gearing on the dashboard.
I cant remember (and I'm on my unix laptop) - does TuneECU show gears? If so Alain or Tom might be able to help.

Healtech use the sensor resistance values directly and Dynojet calculate it from RPMS and SPEED sensors. Will the palmer performance software let you create a calculated field?

But as it's not OBD-II and as yet they're not legally obliged to provide an OBD-II compliant interface - they wont. So you have what OBD-I gives -Not a lot. My guess is that they will have OBD-II when the anti-tamper ECU's become a legal requirement in the EU. And that's not far away.

Hey stephantmi,

I'm curious about this. Were you able to get some of the displays to work? Speed, RPM, etc?

The gear display would be nice but this looks pretty neat.

Back