My 900 r/6, black with Windjammer farming, cb radio, side bags, top box. Sold as wife somehow got pregnant.

Longest camping trip, went to Big Bend, far southwest Texas. Once there, removed windjammer, (two or four hose clamps on frame held it on), and bags, was like having two completely different bikes. I envy you for keeping yours, **** nice under appreciated bike!

Bmwblog.com, search for The 7 Best BMW Motorcycle (wish I could learn how to copy and paste on this tablet).

Throw out 1 and 2, too ancient and too exclusive, 3 is my old bike.

My 900 r/6, black with Windjammer farming, cb radio, side bags, top box. Sold as wife somehow got pregnant.

Longest camping trip, went to Big Bend, far southwest Texas. Once there, removed windjammer, (two or four hose clamps on frame held it on), and bags, was like having two completely different bikes. I envy you for keeping yours, **** nice under appreciated bike!

Mine also had a Windjammer fairing when I bought it. I rode with it for awhile but finally gave it away. I was stunned at how much lighter the bike felt along with the significant improvement in handling.

Last edited:
I've always been partial to BMWs. Here's a few of the five I've owned. Sadly our garage only contains 4 wheeled BMWs these days.

K1200RS.jpg
R80-4 sm.jpg
GS 12-3-4.JPG

Back