Off for another little run

Longrider

Anywhere ..... just go anywhere!
Ride
05' Rocket
I couple of times a year I take some time off work and go for a little ride to help with Men's Health Checks and get involved in some meetings (usually in pubs) talking about suicide detection, prevention and coping with the aftermath if missed.
Other rides have taken me across Australia a few times now including South to North once and to the Centre 3 times. This is only a short one from Central West NSW to Brisbane to Goondiwindi to St George, to Roma, a days break at Carnarvon Gorge to Emerald to Biloela to the Sunshine Coast (actually going to avoid that one and visit a mate in Gunalda) back to Brisbane then the two day spurt home.

Any Rocket Captains along that route ... I would love to meet, bearing in mind that my time is very committed on these trips, please PM me. Looking forward to around 12 days on the bike.

I have been involved in this stuff for a few years now but its only since the Rocket came into my life that I have been doing the trans-Australian thing .... best bike for travelling in the world. I had to put a Satnav thing on for this trip so I can find the starting point in Brisbane though.

Been on the road for 5 days now. Goondawindi, St George and tonight in Roma. Looking forward to a rest day at Carnarvon Gorge tomorrow and the next day ........ whatever that is. Coming across lots of ICE and binge drinking amongst young men. Spent a bit of tome last night with a man who is scarred to death that his son won't be here always. Be had already lost three cousins in the last couple of years. Makes the occasional 200kph squirt on the Rocket on back roads inconsequential.
I guess I'm just a bloke who enjoys living life and trying to make others lives a bit better.

Back