No More Wheelies

Hondax

Nitrous
Body:West Central Missouri, Mind: Yes I are.
New Zealand Herald July 25 2006

Motorcycles have ABS brakes and electronically adjustable suspension, and from next year they'll also get stability control.

The Automatic Stability Control (ASC) is billed as the first system to control driven wheel spin on a production motorcycle, and will be an option on most BMW K1200 and R1200 machines, in conjunction with the new ABS system.
ASC has taken 15 years to develop, working alongside Continental-Teves which develops braking and traction systems for cars.
It's required improvements in both hydraulic and electronic technologies - the new single wire, CAN-Bus wiring loom adopted by BMW motorcycles is integral to ASC.
The new system is particularly important for a motorcycle putting out a lot of torque - bikes like Triumph's 2.3-litre, 200Nm Rocket III must cut back power in lower gears to prevent wheelspin.
The BMW will prevent involuntary spinning of the driven wheel, which will maintain grip and stability. The system works when pulling away or cornering, by cutting back power from the engine.
It will also detect lift-off and intervene to prevent involuntary wheelies - stunt-rider wannabes will be pleased to note you can switch the system off at any time, even on the move.

Hondax said:
15 years to develop, working alongside Continental-Teves which develops braking and traction systems for cars.
It's required improvements in both hydraulic and electronic technologies - the new single wire, CAN-Bus wiring loom adopted by BMW motorcycles is integral to ASC.

Staggering news, courtesy of columnist Hondax.

Please keep us posted on this belated, somewhat contrived, "CAN-Bus wiring loom" adoption process and its being eventually "integral to ASC"

(Had I known the prescription beforehand , I would not have reported sick in the first place)

I'm from Missouri, show me :D The meaning, if not the benefits.

Jamie:cool:

Back