Hi Barbagris! Near the Costa Blanca here, so pretty sunny... except when it dawns rainy, like today.
btw, Thanx for reminding me of the possible ITV issues!
A lot depends on "your" ITV. And also the individual tester.

But non e-marked exhausts will fail you, so will a decent tune as it blows emmisions out of the water. So will (often) a visible "sports" (K&N) air filter.
Non-homologated tyres will too. If you fit LED headlamps - make sure they are 100% properly E marked - The "lip service" E-marks will get you a fail.

Non of this is an issue if you put all original parts in the back of the shed and go back to stock every 2 years for a day or two. I even have a "spare" set of wheels.

Where abouts near the CB? - La Marina Alta? - Near the Leper Colony!.

A lot depends on "your" ITV. And also the individual tester.

But non e-marked exhausts will fail you, so will a decent tune as it blows emmisions out of the water. So will (often) a visible "sports" (K&N) air filter.
Non-homologated tyres will too. If you fit LED headlamps - make sure they are 100% properly E marked - The "lip service" E-marks will get you a fail.

Non of this is an issue if you put all original parts in the back of the shed and go back to stock every 2 years for a day or two. I even have a "spare" set of wheels.

Where abouts near the CB? - La Marina Alta? - Near the Leper Colony!.

Yeah, I'd guessed (had to pass the "imports ITV" wich was a FPITA: took 'em the whole morning, 9:00 to 14:30, 'cause they had to make sure that my 2-years-old OEM bike was in accordance to what the CoC said; they even took her measures, 4fuqssake! :banghead:).

In that light, and considering that I´m liking the ride as-is so far, I think I'll stick to a couple add-ons for the moment: engine-crash bars (just in case, y'know), tank/knee pads (not really fond of the looks, but I like 'em better than the shiny patch appearing every now and then) and cruise-control. Oh, and a horn upgrade: as I see it, a horn's main funtion is to announce the presence of a vehicle, and I feel the original "mec-mec" is kinda deceiving since it doesn't make you aware of the near 1/2 ton roaring metal beast approaching. That'll buy me some time to save for further improvements; I'll ask in due time 'bout suspensions and ram-airs (hope that won't catch the attention of ITVs).

Marina Alta? Nope, just on the southern side of the CB

Welcome aboard Brutha!...another Kiwi here. I too have a 2016 Roadster....they grow fruit you know?....mine has many many additions since new...what a great bike!

Yeah, I'd guessed (had to pass the "imports ITV" wich was a FPITA: took 'em the whole morning, 9:00 to 14:30, 'cause they had to make sure that my 2-years-old OEM bike was in accordance to what the CoC said; they even took her measures, 4fuqssake! :banghead:).
Oh Jeez - You have a fussy one.

Suspension is no issue generally. Horn should not be (as long as it does not look as if it came off a train). Ramair is fine (hidden under the claw!) - Just holler if you need owt.

Back