I'm over in Ardmore. Rode over to Longshore a few weeks ago with some buddies to look at a Gen 1 Vmax. They had a R3 Roadster over there also that looked very nice. Trying to help a friend find a cruiser he would enjoy. Shout out next time you are up for a ride. If I am available we can put some wind time in!
Absolutely. I work in Athens a lot. I looked at the vmax at longshore. I found a deal on one in Nashville it’s a gen2 if your buddy wants the guys info. 2012 $10k 4600 miles.

Absolutely. I work in Athens a lot. I looked at the vmax at longshore. I found a deal on one in Nashville it’s a gen2 if your buddy wants the guys info. 2012 $10k 4600 miles.
He sat on the Max and was somewhat okay with the riding position. He loved the Rocket but thinks it is to heavy for him. He is coming off a VFR and can't find a happy medium I guess. The Vmax at Longshore was a little on the rough side if good condition but at least he got to sit on it and know what to expect. Those Vmaxes are almost as much fun as the Rockets. Really just a different experience all together. I never rode a Gen2 but had a blast with my 07 Gen1.

The Gen 2 is a much better ride. I had one. It’s true the rocket is a different animal. Has he been around one of the newer 2.5L rockets? I have the GT and it’s LIGHT compared to the 2005 rocket I had before. It looks big but feels small

The Gen 2 is a much better ride. I had one. It’s true the rocket is a different animal. Has he been around one of the newer 2.5L rockets? I have the GT and it’s LIGHT compared to the 2005 rocket I had before. It looks big but feels small
Don't think he had seen one. May be outside his budget. He said something about he may look around for a yammy fjr 1300. Still has the feel of a sport bike but have some luggage options and a bit more power than his vfr 800. I will admit, the fjr is a great sport tour but its no rocket. Had a 2016 fjr1300 es and was really quick and refined. Just missed all that torque you get with the Rocket and finally went back with a R3T. So now I have a R3 Classic and a R3T. I like the classic better for solo but my wife usually climbs on it with me anyway. Probably wind up selling the touring as it does not get much exercise.

Well I’m always looking for an excuse to ride somewhere we should link up and he can check out the GT I have and see what he thinks.

Back