What do you mean by wider. That's a generic term. Do you mean width or overall length. You are precluded to a specified width because of the pivot boss on the lever casting. A wider lever could be machined to fit the boss but the cost would be, lets say over the top.

He means thicker in the hand area. I had put a pair of really nice levers on my wife's NightHawk that looked VERY similar to our Rocket levers, but like a dumb a$$, I never did check it out for sure before we sold it and put her on a Trophy.

I know this doesn't answer your question, but I'm pretty certain some of the aftermarket levers out there for the Shadows, VStars, Vulcan's etc. would bolt right in. If you have a buddy with one of those bikes, have him over for a beer and swap levers out just to check it out. I do know that the Kuryakyn grips I have were for a Honda Shadow and the throttle cables slid right in with no problem.

One little twist that might not matter, but the Rocket brake & clutch has the "throw adjustment cam" which adjusts the grip reach very simply. This concept may make the lever not as interchangeable as most but I'm not sure.

As stated, you'll need to study the applications.

See ya.

This is a very interesting question :D.

I forget, who is the vendor that supplies the front brake hardware for Triumph? Possibly other motorcycle makes use the same vendor but have differently shaped levers that might swap out. I wonder if Harley stuff might work with some machine work?

On the hand it may be the Chrome that is of greater interest. What would be the costs of chroming stock levers and pivot boss?? That would look great and eliminate the corrosion pitting.

This is a very interesting question :D.

I forget, who is the vendor that supplies the front brake hardware for Triumph? Possibly other motorcycle makes use the same vendor but have differently shaped levers that might swap out. I wonder if Harley stuff might work with some machine work?

We can do that.........

I'd be aprehensive about putting Hardley levers on the Rock. It might start spitting potatoes.:eek:

On the hand it may be the Chrome that is of greater interest. What would be the costs of chroming stock levers and pivot boss?? That would look great and eliminate the corrosion pitting.

Would it not be more cost effective to hard anodize the levers or anodize them in some color? You can anodize in any color imaginable and you can hard anodize the levers and that will make them as impervious to the weather as my stainless brake clamps.

Back