Modifying your bike could be made illegal: New plans that could make fitting non-OEM parts a crime

Depends.

In case of a Rocket nothing would happen, because after the tune the bike only has the power it should already have since the beginning...

recently added a tune to my Triple Black...the A/F readout was exactly the same as b4 the tune...just the HP and Torque shot up!...the stuff that comes out the exhaust is the concern isnt it?...if it hasnt changed every thing should be fine right?...who knows?....(shrugging)

How do we say here: just a whole lot of warm air...

We have this in Europe since decades - and still some of the most beautiful custom bikes come from here. As long as the part is TÜV-approved or has an ABE when necessary, you can mount whatever you like.

This is just to keep you save from idiots that think that mounting every cheap trash on the bike makes them a customizer...
I hope you are correct, unfortunately in the UK we fit a lot of pattern parts to enhance are motorcycles and aren’t legislated and dont need to be assuming that any fitment doesn’t effect any other individual

I wonder what the manufacturers think of this. On the surface they may think it's a good idea because they think that they will sell more factory parts, (huge profit margin) but I believe that is short sided because it doesn't take into account the loss of sales from people who will not purchase a new bike if they are not allowed to modify it to their liking.

I wonder what the manufacturers think of this. On the surface they may think it's a good idea because they think that they will sell more factory parts, (huge profit margin) but I believe that is short sided because it doesn't take into account the loss of sales from people who will not purchase a new bike if they are not allowed to modify it to their liking.
Like you said manufactures will be very very happy but after market suppliers which make up a huge percentage of after sales here in the UK should oppose the proposed new rules very strongly.
It failed in 2012 and 2016 to get adopted and hopefully with enough support from suppliers and retail customers it will fail again!

Back