Magnolia State?

Sorry, it's too far to come on these old bones.

As I'm not retired as yet, I cannot take a day, or two, both coming and going for the transit.

Are you folks allowing MS in the group? Somehow I was given access...thought I saw MS listed at one time?

MK
You're here now. As I understand it, anyone can apply for admission to a Group. As is clear by your inclusion although MS is not listed as included in this Group. Neither are LA and AR but I'm reasonably sure they are part of the Deep South Riders group, or Dixie Rocket (FBG) Raiders group ;) How would you feel about a group patch reading "users".

Anyone planning on going to Eureka Springs in Sept (Rockets Across America)?
Where is Eureka Springs :D
I'd suggested several rendezvous locations across the Nation, bringing about a larger and wider "Rockets Across America" event, but the concept fell on deaf ears.

You've not been boycotted. Ratboy is participating. I've been boycotting this forum for my own self serving reason: I'm not a "user" but a "rider" as are the other groups. I think it's the continued conspiracy of Yankee federalism :D But since you commented elsewhere about being boycotted I'm responding here now. The group could possibly be renamed to "1st National Confederation" Riders Group ?

Last edited:
Thanks HeR3tic-
What do you think about proposals/discussions

-group ride to Appalachia hills during summer heat?

-group ride to the Keys in winter?

I'm always looking for excuses to travel. Don't have any other Rocket buds...never been on a group ride...

doesn't appear anyone uses the this forum tho...

mk

You mentioned Eureka Springs. What is that about?? Is that Arkansas?

WELL HUSH MY MOUTH, I be darned! It is Arkansas. With all the early discussions about a rendezvous in the Rockies or on the LEFT coast I drifted away from the RAAIII discussion. By golly gee willikers there's a party a brewin, Hot Dam! And I won't have to take out a second mortgage or get a divorce to go.

Last edited:
You mentioned Eureka Springs. What is that about?? Is that Arkansas?

WELL HUSH MY MOUTH, I be darned! It is Arkansas. With all the early discussions about a rendezvous in the Rockies or on the LEFT coast I drifted away from the RAAIII discussion. By golly gee willikers there's a party a brewin, Hot Dam! And I won't have to take out a second mortgage or get a divorce to go.

Want to meet-up along the way? Don't know where you would be coming from...

Eureka Springs 09.04-09.08

Tupelo is on my way west. To Memphis to Jonesboro via US63. Picking up US62 in Hardy. If you've never been to Hardy AR, it's worth a pause at the downtown hamburger dive (good and greasy) and a visit to the music store. Hardy is just a few miles south of Mammoth Springs. A minor deviation N to Thayer to see the Springs and perhaps an over night stay there (Thursday night). That's a solid 8 hours itself and enough for me in one day. The Friday drive along US62 to Eureka Springs will be a whole day of scenery and twists.

I am surprised as to the timing. Early September. But, greater minds than I are at work.
I'm looking at a 6 day block, including two up and two back. That might be trimmed by leaving out on the 7th but I'd like a whole day to recover; to get my beauty sleep, before setting out on Monday.

Back