Laminar lip

zimtuff

Nitrous
Ride
2008 Trimuph Rocket
Any feedback on the Laminar lip which attaches to the standard R3 windscreen to reduce turbulence and buffeting?
At $85,its cheaper than getting a taller windscreen.
http://www.british-customs.com/triumph-rocket-iii-laminar-lip-2004-on.html

f956d01b31266d0a38b5a5c70309a7fd.jpg

Works for some,not for others,now Im confused:mrgreen: I was worried about the asthetics as well,the pic on the website is not great.
I already have a taller windscreen,I might try the lowers and see how it goes.
Would it be possible to put a recurve on a windscreen once it has been cut and shaped?

I'm sure the effectiveness will be dependent on a number of parameters like the height of your windscreen, your height, your distance from the screen, etc. Also, if you have a tall screen, are you already looking through the screen, or do you look over it? If you're looking through it already the Laminar Lip will be directly in your line of sight, not a good thing.

As to looks, well, its a big hunk of plastic stuck to the top of your windscreen with four black velcro dots. The upside is, the Rocket isn't really a beauty to start with. I wouldn't put one of those things on a Ducati, but a BMW GS or a Rocket, sure.

I'm pleased with my Laminar Lip. It allowed me to drop the OEM screen a bit closer to the headlamps. Less buffeting and less handlebar shake than with the screen higher without the lip. Works best at speed. Lower screen - less wind resistance. I look over it. I've tried looking through screens - dire unless the screen is 100% clean and scratch free.

They can be a bit of a bugger to clean: I seem to get a lot of bug splat on the reverse side of the lip.

I bought mine as there are some stupid type approval issues with non standard screens here.

But lowers make a big difference too. I have both fork mounted and crash-bar mounted lowers.

R3.JPG

Thanks,maybe I should get the lowers 1st and then reassess the situation
If you can get hold of some thick perspex and cushioned tube clamps - Make'em yourself. My fork mounted ones were second hand - I made the crash bar ones myself. And I'll be making stiffer fork versions too.

Back