I started out on Triumph America had for 14 mos and traded it on R3 have not regretted it yet I have only logged 1000 miles onit but every chance I get I go. The only problem I have is parking it my Gravel drive way. My son helps most of the time it is heavy. I am 6' and weigh 200 lbs. I can't tell you the smile you will have driving down the road. I would never trade my bike for nothing. Good luck and welcome

Rocket Ride

hey justin,
welcome to the forum. i would also recommend a test ride,that way you'll know with some certainty as to whether or not you are suited for the rocket. take it easy at first,then take more of her as you feel comfortable.the acceleration is very abrupt if you nail the throttle hard,so be aware of your surroundings. things can get really crazy in a big hurry if you're not prepared to cope. after you become familiar with some of the power/torque,take her to a parking lot and do some low speed turns and stops.i think you will be pleasantly surprised at what you find.hope you fall for her like i did, the rocket is indeed a very special bike......
greg :D

You will find a test ride is about all it takes to tip the scale to purchase. From various poll's
here on R3Rocket you will find that most made the decision to buy/ride the Rocket after
their test drive. It took me 2 test rides fall last year, spring this year, current milage 350.
Yes, its new.

I am 5'10" and about 165 pounds. I don't have any problem with the size. The only thing I would warn you about is watching where you park it. Can be a bear to back up. You will love tooling down those country roads.

Smallest

I'm probably the smallest on here at 5'5" and 150 (was130) but we wont go there and I'm fine with the rocket, I don't think it is scary as people think, of course I have been ridding since I could hold one up. The custom builder was probably use to noise makers and not real engines.
Seriously the only problem I have is if you get caught on a slop when trying to back it up, and that’s mostly because I have short legs and have to push with my tip toes. But that’s what I have you for right Heather.. :D She'll chime in, in a minute. You'll love it I do.
Just drive it at your skill level and you will have a bike you can grow into just respect it. My mom has a VTX 1300 and it feels like a mini bike when I ride it because I am so use to the R3>

LOL.. Both my wife and I are 5'11" but she has a longer inseam than I do. Once, when we were on the Thunderbird Sport, I came to a stop over a small ditch and I couldn't reach the ground! Luckily, she could.. and she saved us from a tip over.. from the passenger seat.. :)

I have short legs and have to push with my tip toes. But that’s what I have you for right Heather.. :D She'll chime in, in a minute.

Ahhhh if you take a test ride you be addicted and then you will be screwed. Just get it over with.

Welcome :D

Back