Is hydrogen the future? Big Four announce partnership to develop revolutionary bike engines

MCN

Living Legend
kawasaki-hydrogen-inset.jpg
Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki and Kawasaki have announced a new research partnership that will consider the development of hydrogen-powered motorcycles that use internal combustion engines. On May 17,...

Continue reading...

Looks like the aliens who turn up and steal our water for fuel might have to bloody well pay for it when this happens!..I'm guessing it will no longer be free?...afterall, as humans we already have to buy it in order to run "our" internal combustion motors or risk dehydrating....

Maybe the aliens have figured out a way to produce hydrogen gas with ten times the energy as what they started with compared to humans that take hydrogen from natural gas at ten times the waste to produce the same energy we've had for 200 years. But wait, it MIGHT just save the environment, while making THEM bloody rich. Never mind, just keep mining the lithium from china for your disposable cars.
We have enough old rotted flesh thousands of feet deep to last millions of more years without destroying earth looking for a new drug.

I understand the deep scepticism about hydrogen as a replacement to fossil fuels, and the technical and ecological issues etc... when comparing a hydrogen powered future to a battery/electric future, for example.
Fossil fuels have provided one of the biggest boost to humanity, ever, and as a result we are naturally massively reliant on oil & gas.
It does seem crazy to stop using the very thing that got us this far in the modern world in favour of stuff that appears to be inferior.
Unless of course we are running out of the stuff........or if it truly is killing the planet. Both of which i'm not clear enough in my mind to have a 100% view on. As I see it, the jury is still out, despite the mad rush away from the black stuff.

There are external forces at play here, and it's not clear where exactly we are heading just now, so my take on this news from Japan is that they are (on the surface at least) hedging their bets, which doesn't seem too crazy. Perhaps they see it as a smokescreen to buy them some time as the political football is being kicked around.
Who knows. Keep an open mind, but leave the back door unlocked....just in case.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My gut feeling right now is we are walking (some might say running) towards potential oblivion.
So much of our perceived comprehension of our everyday lives and future is being turned on it's head, big time.......bigger than the industrial revolution.......bigger than the digital revolution (up to this point at least).

Hang on to your hats folks..........the ride is likely to be VERY bumpy from this point onwards.......tea and coffee is on the left......toilets are on the right.......enjoy.
Try not to scream too loudly. Some folks are sleeping in the carriage behind and the majority don't like to be distracted from their 'personal devices'.

.......An electric future with batteries.......Lets go all in..........What could possibly go wrong..... :whitstling:

Mind due, we think very little about driving around in a metal box while sitting just inches away from a container with 10 gallons of volatile liquid sloshing around inside it.

.......An electric future with batteries.......Lets go all in..........What could possibly go wrong..... :whitstling:

Mind due, we think very little about driving around in a metal box while sitting just inches away from a container with 10 gallons of volatile liquid sloshing around inside it.
I remember the old trucks where the fuel tank was inside the cab right behind the seat. You could hear it sloshing around.

Back