Indian Chief 2015 colour changes

MCN

Living Legend
Indian has shown off the first of the new 2015 models with a raft of colour changes including red, blue and green with cream contrasts for the Chief and Chieftain range of three bikes. Two tone colour schemes seem to be the order of the day and they will be available in Autumn in the UK. The three bike range ...

Continue reading...

There's a percentage more red in there, should be faster than last years model............

Yeah but new colours this year! Don't you know progress when you see it?

There was a bloke at The Pie in the Sky Café (a bike orientated Café at Berowra NSW)last Friday with a almost new Indian Chieftain, he parked next to my Rocket Touring and after the usual "Aussie courteous G'day Mate" he asked me about the Rocket, after I gibbered on about how I loved the Rocket ,he said sounds better than this piece of SH** totally over it already ,no power it wouldn't pull a sailor of your sister was his description ,runs hot in traffic to the point of near melt down ,you could smell the hot oil, and it was a cold day ,he tried to sell it back to the dealer but was told the manufacturer had dropped the price considerably since he bought his earlier this year and he was looking at a $15000 loss :eek:

Air cooling is simply old and bad technology. I like the Indian a lot more than I like Harleys but that doesn't mean I'd be happy with air cooling and, uh, shall we say conservative amounts of power? They look great, no doubt about that, but looks aren't everything. Besides, with whitewalls on mine I have plenty of looks... ;)

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/4/171...dian-Chief-Thunder-Stroke-111-Dyno-Chart.aspx

Pretty much half the power of a woken-up R3T. Yea no.

I'm one of the few that really doesn't like the Indian signature styling - it just doesn't speak to me. I do, however, think that the Thunderstroke V-Twin is one of the prettiest engines I've ever seen. I had the chance to ride one when they were introduced here in South Florida and I found that power and throttle response are soft. It handled OK. I'm in total agreement with cr0ft regarding the air cooling. But i'm here to tell you that the fits and finishes are second to none - the chrome polish is so deep you'd think you could dive into it.

This incarnation of the Indian reminds me of the US autos from the 50's - all style and flash, but with a driving experience leaving much to be desired. It's a 2014 bike with a 1950's feel - probably just what they were going for.

All things considered - it could never tempt me from my R3T.

Back