For Sale I'd like to sell my 2014 Roadster...to a fellow enthusiast...

Steve Markowitz

Standard Bore
Ride
2014 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster
Hello,

I hope all are safe and sound...

My apologies in advance for my long winded story...Ill try to keep it short...I love the R3...

I bought my first rocket 3 in 2005...I put 45k miles on it and as far as I was concerned, it was the greatest thing ever...I sold it because it started to have TPS sensor issues, etc...Lesson learned on buying a first year model...

Few years back, I bought a 14 Roadster. I didn't like the riding position and I went through a couple of sets of forward controls from Refined Cycle...The first set was too far away, I called them and they actually had made a set (5" inches forward from stock I believe??) and they had one left in stock so I bought them and. they are currently on the bike...These controls were a one off and if the bike tips over, full disclosure, guessing it will be hard to replace...Worth giving Refined a call...I do have the stock controls and crash bars...Crash bars don't fit with RC controls.
https://www.refinedcycle.com/FC17-Forward-Controls-for-Triumph-Rocket-III-FC17.htm

Here is a list of upgrades, pros if you will!:

- About 3800 miles, always garaged...

- Corbin Batwing Fleetliner Fairing (Used to be on my 2005, still fits the 2014...Just had to put a couple of spacers to make it fit...Doesn't match so needs to be painted and they are some scratches on it...About $2000 value as you know...

- Klocwerks Short Windshield - Needs TLC or painted with Batwing

- Corbin Fast Gun Saddle...$500 value...Still have the stock seat and passenger pad...

- Rivco Risors

- Louder horns hiding under the fairing using windshield mounts...Dont really love the horns, easy fix for a Rocket Owner/enthusiast...
- Still have the stock clear windshield in good condition
- Aftermarket fairing mounted mirrors from Kuryakin...

- I also have a center stand I bought for my 2005, pretty sure it won't fit this bike due to ABS...Happy to include...

Cons:

- There seems to be some seepage of oil either coming from the valve cover, or worst case, head gasket...No leaks on the floor, just minimal seepage...
- Tires are original so, if you stand by the 6 year rule for tires, it's time...

Im not asking for a specific price, I'm looking for offers that are fair, I'm throwing all the extras in acknowledging the bike may need a at worst case $1500 for the head gasket unless someone can handle the labor themselves...The accessories clearly exceed the repair...For what its worth, a year or so I call Triumph and complained about a potential head gasket leak and the said once I tea the bike to a dealer, reach out to them and they may consider some sort of discount...Who knows if they will now...

I posted this thread to see If is any interest, which is why I don;'t add photos yet...If there is any interest, Im happy to post pics...

Bike only tipped over once, slow tip with me on the bike so I cushioned some of the fall...Bent the RC peg, since been replaced...NO other damage...

Also, narrowed the stock handlebar by about 3" overall...

Thats all I got...

I want to sell this one so I can save for a 2021 R3...Not buying a first year model again!!

Im looking for a fair offer, it's not about making a few hundred bucks here and there, rather it go to a better home...

Ride Safe and Be Safe!

Thank you...

Hello,

I hope all are safe and sound...

My apologies in advance for my long winded story...Ill try to keep it short...I love the R3...

I bought my first rocket 3 in 2005...I put 45k miles on it and as far as I was concerned, it was the greatest thing ever...I sold it because it started to have TPS sensor issues, etc...Lesson learned on buying a first year model...

Few years back, I bought a 14 Roadster. I didn't like the riding position and I went through a couple of sets of forward controls from Refined Cycle...The first set was too far away, I called them and they actually had made a set (5" inches forward from stock I believe??) and they had one left in stock so I bought them and. they are currently on the bike...These controls were a one off and if the bike tips over, full disclosure, guessing it will be hard to replace...Worth giving Refined a call...I do have the stock controls and crash bars...Crash bars don't fit with RC controls.
https://www.refinedcycle.com/FC17-Forward-Controls-for-Triumph-Rocket-III-FC17.htm

Here is a list of upgrades, pros if you will!:

- About 3800 miles, always garaged...

- Corbin Batwing Fleetliner Fairing (Used to be on my 2005, still fits the 2014...Just had to put a couple of spacers to make it fit...Doesn't match so needs to be painted and they are some scratches on it...About $2000 value as you know...

- Klocwerks Short Windshield - Needs TLC or painted with Batwing

- Corbin Fast Gun Saddle...$500 value...Still have the stock seat and passenger pad...

- Rivco Risors

- Louder horns hiding under the fairing using windshield mounts...Dont really love the horns, easy fix for a Rocket Owner/enthusiast...
- Still have the stock clear windshield in good condition
- Aftermarket fairing mounted mirrors from Kuryakin...

- I also have a center stand I bought for my 2005, pretty sure it won't fit this bike due to ABS...Happy to include...

Cons:

- There seems to be some seepage of oil either coming from the valve cover, or worst case, head gasket...No leaks on the floor, just minimal seepage...
- Tires are original so, if you stand by the 6 year rule for tires, it's time...

Im not asking for a specific price, I'm looking for offers that are fair, I'm throwing all the extras in acknowledging the bike may need a at worst case $1500 for the head gasket unless someone can handle the labor themselves...The accessories clearly exceed the repair...For what its worth, a year or so I call Triumph and complained about a potential head gasket leak and the said once I tea the bike to a dealer, reach out to them and they may consider some sort of discount...Who knows if they will now...

I posted this thread to see If is any interest, which is why I don;'t add photos yet...If there is any interest, Im happy to post pics...

Bike only tipped over once, slow tip with me on the bike so I cushioned some of the fall...Bent the RC peg, since been replaced...NO other damage...

Also, narrowed the stock handlebar by about 3" overall...

Thats all I got...

I want to sell this one so I can save for a 2021 R3...Not buying a first year model again!!

Im looking for a fair offer, it's not about making a few hundred bucks here and there, rather it go to a better home...

Ride Safe and Be Safe!

Thank you...
Hey Steve,
I'm wondering if you would be willing to sell me just the Corbin Batwing Fleetliner Fairing?
Thanks

Here are some pictures of the bike...I tried to take a picture of the scratched I mentioned on the Fleetliner but there was too much reflection...I can try later when the sun is going down...

I will upload a cold start video as well...Haven't started it in month and it started right up...I was in-correct about the mileage, it was less at 3368...

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_3369.JPG
    IMG_3369.JPG
    250.3 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3370.JPG
    IMG_3370.JPG
    249.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3372.JPG
    IMG_3372.JPG
    239.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3373.JPG
    IMG_3373.JPG
    220.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3374.JPG
    IMG_3374.JPG
    191.5 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3376.JPG
    IMG_3376.JPG
    209.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3377.JPG
    IMG_3377.JPG
    221.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3378.JPG
    IMG_3378.JPG
    212.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3380.JPG
    IMG_3380.JPG
    180.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3382.JPG
    IMG_3382.JPG
    191.3 KB · Views: 22
Here are some pictures of the bike...I tried to take a picture of the scratched I mentioned on the Fleetliner but there was too much reflection...I can try later when the sun is going down...

I will upload a cold start video as well...Haven't started it in month and it started right up...I was in-correct about the mileage, it was less at 3368...

Thanks!

I do have a cold start video...Look like I can't upload it here...Happy to email/text to someone...In about a week Im going to list on eBay and see where that goes as well...Rather see it here though!

Enjoy your Sunday!

Back