azmerlin

.020 Over
Ride
T Rocker III
Hi all,

Well as you can see I am new here and need some help, first some details on me; 1.83M / 6ft, 105KG, 52 YO live near London UK.
I currently own (I say own as it is winter and lockdown, so I don't ride it) a Ducati Multistrada, the last time I owned a triple was when I was a student and I had Yam XS750, I have also had lots of other, BMW, Suz, Honda and so on.
I am bored in lockdown and fancy getting a diff bike, something mainly to ride during nice warm summer days in the UK. I originally though of getting an HD Street rod 750, but that never happened, recently I was looking at HD V Rod, Ducati Diavel and the R3. as I am not sure I will be getting any more bikes after this, I am looking for a long term toy, I like the Ducati, but it has loads of electronics and thus has many potential failure points, also looks a bit plastic like, but I do look the like of it. I also though the V Rod looks nice and it is an HD, which I always wanted, them there is the R3 which has more of a retro look and feel, seems easy enough to maintain, less things that could break down and is made here in the UK (Think) so should be easy to get bits and service for.
I also thought (though without any facts behind my thoughts) that as it is a UK bike, it would fare better in the rain and rust less than an HD that may be better suited for Vegas.
I have seen an R3 on line that is a 2014 with only 1,400 miles on the clock, FSH and looks really well kept. Will come to me after a service, two new tyres MOT and delivery.
Any thoughts about any of the above would be helpful before I put down a deposit
Thanks very much

This is the bike I am looking at.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-01-23 at 18.10.26.png
    Screenshot 2021-01-23 at 18.10.26.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 20
WELCOME!! I'm a "Touring" kinda guy for the long hall and have an 2014 R3T. I also have a '16 HD V-Rod Muscle. I"m blessed to be able to have both and love them in different ways (to me the V-Rod is really my "HD Sport Bike"). However, if I could only keep one... Fiona (my R3T) is my FOREVER GIRL... she's great for short and long trips and as a Grandfather of 5, she gives me the ability to adjust my riding position on the fly as she's VERY configurable. ...and the power is an addictive adrenaline rush... My V-Rod (Delilah) is perfect for day trips, has a great power band once you hit 4500 RPM's (redlines at 9K) and compliments my brides Fat Boy when we go riding together (she got Delilah for me when she caught me ooogling her... over and over and over again... :p). Good Luck with your decision! Honestly, depending our your riding style/goals... you won't be sorry either way. :thumbsup: :cool:
-MIG

Hello and welcome from down south....Looks a nice bike very low miles.
If it was me i would go and check it and get a test ride...

Back