Hello from the Heart of Dixie

Hi HeR3tic, I see you have the right idea about getting set up,after you put all that bling on you know you are going to have to compensate by getting some of those performance mods they talk about in here.You might look at a softer ride with some better shocks while your at it.That was the 1st on my short list so far,didn't care to get bucked out of the seat all the time.Look forward to seeing you in here.:D

I'm in the Birmingham area. I do weather guessing at the national level. Have been in the prediction business for almost 35 years. I also speak jibberish and have a twitch in my neck. Anyone giving me a week notice on state-side tour plans can have my services for a price. Will provide intercourse for beer. I don't do crystal ball work so any expectations for accuracy is more than you've paid for. And like the Scotts Filter warranty says, "...this unit is for racing use only. No implied guarantees included...(mol)".

I'm sponging some info on how to mount the Stebel, from one of our fine moderators. Actually the question is where to tear into the harness that is holding me up. The where to mount is mol settled on, behind the left side panel. Though I've given consideration to bracket mounting it very low on the front face of the engine. I wish I'd luck onto a chromed cover much like a HD horn cover. I don't know if a HD cover would be large enough for the Stebel Natutilus. That would expand my options.

I'm torn between a new seat with gel inserts or some cheap skins. I do have an awful opinion about the "tourer" seat: begins with piece and ends with crap. My arse also goes numb at about 100 miles. It really is the only big gripe I have. That is "big gripe", I do have a handful of others. I once had a Virago 1100 with a stock seat that was heaven. It also had the engine as integral aspect of the frame. But no where near the vibration of the R3. My VS1400 Intruder seat is only good for about 150 miles. It has forward controls and Jardine Headers. It rides like a very fast Sportster.

Back