Hello from Rocket727!

Rocket727

.020 Over
Hello all,

I'm Hal from North Carolina and the proud owner of a black 2006 Rocket III since May 06. I have a little over 2500 miles on her including today's cold ride. I also own a 1982 Harley LowRider shovelhead which I also ride at least once a week. I love both these bikes for their different character and could never compare them. I guess the Rocket is my Rottweiler and the Harley is my old Bloodhound. These two are my fourth and fifth bikes and previously owned two Ducati's and a Harley Sportster in the 60's and 70's. Did 20 yrs in the military and flew the DC-9 and Boeing 727 for 18 years afterwards. Presently build one or two homes a year here in NC. After browsing this site, it sure looks like there is a great group of Rocket owners who are very knowledgeable of their machines. Mine is stock from the dealer but I would like to put an full exhaust system that increases performance but doesn't void the warranty. I just wish I could hear one for real before I make the change. Anyway,looking foward to the forums!

Wecome aboard and fasten you seatbelt. There will be no smoking (that sounds like something from years ago) until we reach crusing altitude.......

It's fun here. Lots of knowledgable old farts (myself included, not knowledgable however) and good times.

It's a great bike and no comment on the HD.:D

This isn't a real techno forum. Thank goodness for that. That techno stuff intimidates me. Besides, if I wanted to go really fast, I'd bought a 'Busa.:eek:

You'll have fun here too. Great place to go after a long day.

Hi Hal!!

We've got plenty of techno stuff (I guess Flip has never gone to the propwand forum) but we like like to have fun with our buddies and go riding too. Now that winter is setting in I'm sure things will start to get a little goofy around here... kind of like Rocket related cabin fever :D.

We went for a ride today in 55F temps and I really didn't feel it, the Rocket, it seems, is good for the soul. Everytime I go out and ride I like it more and more... never had a bike that did that before this.

Welcome to the website Hal... I do hope you join in :bch:

Tomo

V1 - Rotate

Glad to have you with us. You've got a nice part of the country surrounding you in N.C. I used to spend some time in Greenville and took trips to Okracoke Island and then over to New Bern. Being a frustrated golfer..... I took advantage of some wonderful golf courses in your fair state but they ended up taking advantage of me.

I used to grab the stick with a Skyhawk, Skylane, Cardinal and later a P model Bonanza. I remember my instructor's first comment." If you're taking off in an aircraft and when you look out the window, everything's getting smaller......You're doing okay!" Put on all four stripes because you are officially declared an R3 Captain.Link Removed

Enjoy the site and don't forget to hit the flat part of the nail when you're building something!

welcome Rocket 727

Great group. Glad to have you aboard. Kansas City boys probably a little irritated at me because I cancelled on a ride we had planned for this weekend...but I had good reason! Flew for 15 years intenationally on business and hated every minute. Not in control syndrome. Have the same feeling in cars when someone else is driving. But not on the Rocket! We are one together. Sidecar are you kidding? Never seen more info on a site trying to squeeze an extra bit of horsepower into these monsters that are already torqued to the hilt...propwand baby!!!:cool:

Toystoretom said:
Hi Hal!!

We've got plenty of techno stuff (I guess Flip has never gone to the propwand forum) but we like like to have fun with our buddies and go riding too. Now that winter is setting in I'm sure things will start to get a little goofy around here... kind of like Rocket related cabin fever :D.

Tom:

Techno for me is changing the batteries in my Mag Light.;)

Welcome Fellow East Coast Dweller

Hal, Welcome aboard. Hope to see you jump in often and you will find tons of info on this site concerning nearly any modification for the R/3 you can think up. The guys from the mid-west do tend to discuss the "Wizard of OZ", cows, and corn an awful lot at times, so I'm glad there is another coast person around. Seriously, this is a good group and you usually find a laugh or too everytime you log in.

Back