Hello from Minnesota

No, this was at Moon Motorsports in Monticello. They also sell BMW, Kawasaki, Polaris, and another make or two. Their store is indeed large, but the staff seemed excellent in my limited service with them.

I walked into Motoprimo last spring and they clearly didn't realize how serious I was about a bike, because they would hardly give me the time of day. The 19 year old kid knew nothing of Triumphs either, which didn't improve my impression of them.

Who have you had work on your triumph, jjd, if anyone? Any shop/dealer you would recommend for work on your Rocket? Good dyno technician?

Welcome from Americas home town.. If you want to have any fun on this forum buy a 2005-2008 else you'll be hunting down solutions to problems..;):roll:;)

Attachments

• IMG_1351.JPG
    IMG_1351.JPG
    190.5 KB · Views: 34
No, this was at Moon Motorsports in Monticello. They also sell BMW, Kawasaki, Polaris, and another make or two. Their store is indeed large, but the staff seemed excellent in my limited service with them.

I walked into Motoprimo last spring and they clearly didn't realize how serious I was about a bike, because they would hardly give me the time of day. The 19 year old kid knew nothing of Triumphs either, which didn't improve my impression of them.

Who have you had work on your triumph, jjd, if anyone? Any shop/dealer you would recommend for work on your Rocket? Good dyno technician?

Moon motor sports is the only dealer I have not been to .
There are three in the state
Moto primo
Bell plain triumph
And moon
Moto primo is who I've dealt with over the years
Back when they first opened they were GREAT
Then as with all things they had a lot of turn over in sales people it got to the point if I was there the sales people would tell people to ask me as I knew more than they did
Now with that being said I've gotten screaming deals from them
Back in 06 my brother and I walked in and bought two left over 05 standards from them 12 grand apiece
Then our friend saw them and had to have one ordered the only black on black they got that year 13500
Well in 08 a lady pulled a left in front of me and I couldn't stop in time so I bought the last 08 standard that they had it was late August
Got a free chrome cam cover installed
Out the door a little over ten five
First oil change was cheaper then the cost of oil
They were a great place but now with the turn over in sales people and service people i really haven't been there in a while
I love my 08 I like the looks of the three pipes and 08 was the best year they were made it will be my last rocket
If I have major engine problems i will either send it to carpenter racing for a 240 kit or just move on to something else
I have six bikes now and have had no problems at all with my rocket ( knock wood ) but I don't think I have 4000 miles on it either

Back