Hello From Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Hello and welcome from the UK...I think that i have the best of both worlds a 2007 Rocket 3 and a ZX12R.Both are a beast in their own way...Cannot see me swapping the Rocket but not so sure about the ZX12R...

Welcome from another of the Aussies ,I agree with the sentiments of others, forget racing about the bigger oriental origin bikes as it will end in tears on way or another, :cautious:

Hello Asteriskmonkey and welcome from Virginia. if racing your brother is really the goal, maybe invest in a few track days on your R3T to improve your own skills first. Still, sparking apexes on the R3T may not be the best use of its available power.
Do let us know what changes you make to the bike even if they are the same as others have done. I simply added the TORs slipons to my '14 and a new tune; made a noticable difference. Reading of mods never gets old...

Thanks all, i know i wont be able to keep up with him on the bends, my dad also rides a busa at 65, its a little odd seeing him on that, after they saw my bike there both looking to make a switch to the tirumph too. They both complain after long rides so I win by default with the cruiser :)

I see alot of stuff on the net about the air filters and pipes going first and tuneecu and powercommand v's... from what i understand tuneecu will rewrite the ecu fully vs the powercommander is an inline fuel signal override?

I take it tuneecu is all that is ever needed/is a safe way to go.. you'd never need both right?

If I want to try keep the stock chrome side panel (bear claw?) I take it the ramair is the best fit for this bike ? http://ramair-filters.co.uk/triumph-rocket-iii-filter-kit/triumph-rocket-iii-r3-air-filter-kit.html ... I saw alot of mention around the net about that not breathing right or the triple filter was better, I guess hence the mention of a mark "2" version?. Should I start a new thread for performance questions like this or reignite old ones?

Im still gettting used to stopping this bike, having to keep it straight on more like a car, I came from a sports bike (so i have some bad habbits) and i tried my wife on the back (shes a bit big, as am i) and she lent over to talk to me at a stop sign and nearly had my first tip over :/ a bystander saved me from some embarrassment.. I know the solution is probably to remove the wife or tell her to sit still and never move, would lowering the bike help any with this any tips much appreciated :)

Thanks

and heres my bike... the starting point.. I dont think its all stock.. didnt come with with a list of its upgrades :/

asteriskmonkeyr3.jpg

Back