Harley-Davidson up their game with new flat track and café concepts

MCN

Living Legend
Harley_Cafe_Racer1.jpg
Filings from the European patent office have confirmed that Harley-Davidson are moving forward with two bikes powered by their new water-cooled engine that follow classic flat track and café racer...

Continue reading...

I like the look of the new V-Twin and the idea, both bikes look cool (though the XR's exhaust is too big) and the 1250cc engine may be spot on to compete with the Scout and Bonnies.

I like the look of the cafe racer.

But from my point of view it will be hard for HD to convince their customers of the new motor - I remember the V-Rod and her hard live, even though the Motor was developed by PORSCHE...

I can't see if the bike shifts on the right. That was the concept of the 70's Sportsters. My 74 XLCH shifted on the right.My research said that the "C" in XLCH stood for California. Harley went to so many dealers in Ca. and said they would produce the bike only if so many dealers agreed to buy them. Left foot brake, for flat trackers don't use the rear much

I can't see if the bike shifts on the right. That was the concept of the 70's Sportsters. My 74 XLCH shifted on the right.My research said that the "C" in XLCH stood for California. Harley went to so many dealers in Ca. and said they would produce the bike only if so many dealers agreed to buy them. Left foot brake, for flat trackers don't use the rear much
I didn't think flat trackers even have a front brake do they?

My understanding is the CH stands for Competition Hot and that government regulations won't allow a right side shift.
The Café isn't too bad, the flat tracker is pretty ugly IMO.

Back